What could be easier than Five Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies? They are gluten-free and take only minutes to make using pantry staples.
I am having such an awesome response to my $700 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway! Keep your entries coming. If you have not entered please click on the box in my sidebar now. It’s super easy to enter and you can enter multiple times.
I think I have waited long enough after the holiday craziness to approach baking again. I got a little burned out over Christmas and I needed a break. This hardly counts as baking; it’s so easy. Five ingredients that are pantry staples and you are done. Sometimes you just gotta have a little something sweet and salty. Impromptu neighborhood party → these are the ticket.
I’m so excited for you to try this recipe. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how well they turn out. If you prefer a less salty flavor by all means use a low salt peanut butter. If you have peanut allergies try almond butter. I haven’t tried that yet so let me know how it works. These are so easy that my daughter Maddie makes them on her own.
Oh yeah, added bonus they are gluten free! Just be sure to use gluten-free chocolate chips. I love the Enjoy Life mini chips.
This recipe is from General Mills and The Girl Who Ate Everything.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips (gluten-free if necessary)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Stir in chips and form into 1 inch balls. I scooped mine with a mini ice cream scooper.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for about 2 minutes as they will continue to cook.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.