This quick and easy Three Ingredient Barbecue Pork will soon become a family favorite. It is simmered all day in the slow cooker with barbecue sauce and beer which makes the pork meltingly tender.
This Three Ingredient Barbecue Pork has been my saving grace recipe. I have used this too many times to count for so many different occasions. It’s impossible to mess up and it is hands off. My mom used to make something similar when we were growing up but she used Dr. Pepper instead of beer. This is way less sweet, which I prefer. There’s plenty of sugar in the barbecue sauce already. Hopefully, all the alcohol cooks off before I feed it to my family. ?
What is your go-to meal for a crowd? Is it slow cooker chili, lasagna or roasted chicken? Everyone needs a go-to, crowd-pleasing, easy recipe like this. I have used it for Baptism and First Communion celebrations because it cooks while we are at church. We come home, throw out the rolls, sides, and drinks and that’s it. Easy, peasy.
Sometimes I just make a big batch for my family and we eat the leftovers for one or two more dinners throughout the week. Here are some dinner remake ideas…
- pork tacos
- pork wraps
- pork nachos (my favorite!)
- quinoa or rice bowl with veggies and pork
- pork enchiladas, quesadilla or burrito
- add to a grilled cheese
- Mexican lasagna
- in a baked sweet potato with cheese on top
- on a salad
- in fried rice
- in a pot pie or shepherd’s pie
Obviously, there is no shortage of ways you can recreate this pork!
I topped our Three Ingredient Barbecue Pork sandwiches with a simple vinegar based slaw made from carrots and broccoli but feel free to get creative. Pickles, pickled onions, creamy slaw, caramelized onions, sauteed peppers, jalapenos or grilled pineapple all make great toppers. If you’re like my kids, just eat them straight up with extra barbecue sauce on the side.
I love a good soft brioche bun for these but this time, I tried focaccia buns. They were crispy on the outside and held up well to all the fillings.
- 1 pork tenderloin (3-4 lbs)
- 1½ - 2 cups of BBQ sauce (I used Stubb's)
- 1 bottle of beer (I used Stella)
- Turn slow cooker on low, spray with cooking spray and add the pork.
- Top with BBQ sauce and beer.
- Cook for 9-10 hours until tender.
- Shred pork with two forks and remove any fat pieces. Return pork to slow cooker with sauce.
- Serve on focaccia or brioche buns.
Notes: To make this gluten-free, use gluten-free barbecue sauce, beer, and rolls. Adjust the amount of BBQ sauce and beer to taste. If you want it less sweet, use less sauce.
Looking for more easy dinner ideas?