This recipe takes roasted chicken from fine to fabulous. You may say “ick” to the prunes but withhold judgement please. It creates the most delicious sweet and savory sauce. It’s one of my all time favorite recipes from the Silver Palate Cookbook. Chicken Marbella is easy, healthy and perfect for a cool fall night.
It’s versatility is endless. My kids love the legs and wings which can also be served as an appetizer with a roasted red pepper dip. It’s great eaten cold the next day or added to a green or quinoa salad for a fast, healthy lunch. Trust me your workmates will be jealous.
You have no idea how happy I am to open the fridge and see this already prepped roasted chicken staring back at me. Can you say dinner done? If only I could get myself to make extra dinner every night…life would be easy.
This recipe is adapted from the Silver Palate Cookbook. Enjoy!
Chicken MarbellaPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 head of garlic chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup pitted prunes
- 1/3 cup good sized Spanish green olives
- 1/4 cup capers and 1 tbsp of juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 whole chicken quartered with skin on
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth GF
- lots of chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- Mix together first eight ingredients in a large bowl. Put chicken pieces in a large ziplock and add marinade. Massage the bag so all chicken pieces are well coated. Place bag on a sheet pan or other container and into fridge to marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange chicken in a single layer in one large or two smaller shallow baking pans. Spoon marinade evenly over pieces and poor wine or broth around pieces. Sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour. I like to sprinkle a bit more brown sugar on the chicken right when it comes out of the oven. Transfer to a platter and serve with the yummy juice.
- Notes: Use all chicken legs for the kids or use wings and serve as an appetizer. Makes a great addition to your lunchbox the next day.