This Chocolate Peppermint Skillet Cookie will be the holiday hit at your next party. It’s full of chocolate chips and peppermint flavor. It can be mixed in one bowl and cooked in either a cast iron or oven-safe skillet.
What were you guys up to this weekend? We were so productive here at the Kelly house. It felt so good to get stuff done.
Let me start by saying hubby wins husband of the year for his work decorating the house for the holidays. He got the Christmas tree, put it up, put lights on it, hung the greenery over the doorways…he hung lights on our outdoor fireplace and on our porch railing. He bought two cute little blow-up penguins and installed them in the front yard and added some crazy, flashing red and green spotlights to the front of our house.
Yes, it’s looking a lot like a Griswold Christmas here but we love it. Fist pumps to hubby for all his hard work! ?
While hubby was busy decorating, I was cooking up a ton of holiday goodies starting with this Chocolate Peppermint Skillet Cookie. You guys know I’m obsessed with my cast iron skillet whether it’s Five Ingredient Caprese Chicken or Skillet Corn and Bean Nachos. It reminds me of my grandfather and has so much character. Not to mention, no dropping cookies by the spoonful. Who has time for that during this busy holiday season?
This skillet cookie requires one bowl of mixing and one pan for cooking. It makes for a gorgeous presentation – add ice cream or whipped cream for some real fanciness. Chocolate syrup anyone?
This Chocolate Peppermint Skillet Cookie is seriously delish. It’s one big cookie – so if you have a big appetite, go for it. I added chocolate chunks to the batter just to make it more chocolatey, because why not?
So try it! Make it for your neighbors, your kid’s teachers or a cookie swap. You’ll be glad you did.
Chocolate Peppermint Skillet Cookie
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- chopped peppermints
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar for a minute or two.
- Add egg and extract and continue mixing.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Spray the cast iron skillet with non-stick spray. I used a 9-inch pan.
- Spread the cookie batter evenly in the skillet and sprinkle with peppermints.
- Bake for about 20 -25 minutes. Do not overcook.