This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. However, all opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the great brands that support this blog! #SoHoppinGood #TopYourSummer #CollectiveBias
School’s out for summer! Finally, after a super long year of homework, tests, sports, playoffs and general teenage angst, it’s summer. I feel like I can breathe again. Yesterday was the kids’ first full day at home and it was their decompress day – sleep late, no chores, no homework and stay home all day in jammies. It was the best day ever! (Momma’s tired from a long year.)
Note to self: do not let this happen every day of summer! They get
one two total slacker days for working so hard all year.
What better way to celebrate the start of summer than an Easy Ice Cream Cake? Blue Bunny® is here to help you make the tastiest and most kid-friendly treat of all time. They have this great new packaging that lets you see all the flavor swirls, chunks, and chips that are mixed into their delicious ice cream. I have a feeling we’ll be making this baby a lot this summer.
I picked up our favorite flavors at Walmart.
For this Easy Ice Cream Cake, I chose Blue Bunny® Bunny Tracks®, Blue Bunny® Peanut Butter Party, and Blue Bunny® Super Chunky Cookie Dough®. It’s called easy for a reason people. It’s a no-brainer, no-fail treat that can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes (minus the freezing time.)
I started by putting one layer of cookies in the bottom of a plastic wrap lined springform pan. I used butter cookies but use any cookies that your peeps like.
After leaving the Blue Bunny ice cream, out for a few minutes it was ready to layer. I had a bowl of hot water beside me and dipped my spoon in every once in awhile. It makes it so much easier to get out the ice cream. I used a spoon to push down the ice cream and smooth it out
Then I smoothed on some Smuckers Hot Fudge. I didn’t warm it because I didn’t want to further melt the ice cream. I just gave it a good stir before scooping it out onto my ice cream layer. Yum, this Smucker’s Hot Fudge makes a super easy shortcut!
Then I added another layer of ice cream, a layer of crushed cookies and then the final layer of ice cream. Feel free to pop into the freezer for 20 minutes between each layer but I didn’t find it necessary.
Place cake in the freezer for a least three hours or overnight for best results. It melts fast – be warned. It still tastes delicious even when it melts a bit, so don’t fret.
This is a seriously yummy school’s out celebration treat. Why not make it an end of the school year tradition every year? These are the things your kids remember and make for really special memories for them. Happy Summer!
Do you have any end of the school year family traditions? Share them with us in the comment section.
Easy Ice Cream Cake
- 3 gallons of Blue Bunny ice cream I chose Blue Bunny® Bunny Tracks®, Blue Bunny® Peanut Butter Party, and Blue Bunny® Super Chunky Cookie Dough®
- 1 jar Smucker's Hot Fudge
- 10-15 cookies crushed
- sprinkles for garnish
- Place two sheets of plastic wrap overlapping in a springform pan.
- Let ice cream sit on the counter for about 10 minutes.
- Place 1 cup of crushed cookies in the bottom of the springform pan.
- Scoop a layer of ice cream onto the cookies and press down and smooth out the top.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Spoon a layer of Smucker's Hot Fudge onto the ice cream layer (about 1/4 cup). Top with another layer of ice cream.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Top with a layer of crushed cookies. Top with the final layer of ice cream.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour.
- Warm the remaining hot fudge in the microwave for about 10 seconds. You do not want it hot, just warm enough the spread. Place a dollop in the middle of the cake and spread around a bit. Top with sprinkles and serve immediately or put back in the freezer until ready.