This Grilled Peach Salad with Mint Dressing will quickly become your new favorite summer salad. It’s so light and fresh and really highlights what’s in season.
I love Spring and Summer when I can easily pop out to the grill and cook fresh food. No fuss, no muss, no clean up. Did you know you can grill peaches? If you haven’t tried grilled stone fruit, you’ve missed out. Grilling fruit intensifies it’s sweetness and gives it some nice charred flavor. This salad is full of super greens, goat cheese, grilled peaches and the best mint dressing. I could drink it. Seasonally speaking, this salad is a winner.
Grilling fruit is super easy. Just be careful not to turn the grill heat up too high or leave them unattended since they burn easily. I kept my grill between medium and low and watched these peaches carefully. I brushed the peach slices with olive oil but you could also use honey, maple syrup or melted butter. Honey and maple syrup are especially good when you serve the grilled peaches on vanilla ice cream for dessert. Other fruits you can grill are…
- lemons and limes
To grill these peaches I used my favorite new find: disposable grill toppers. I found mine at Wegmans but you can order them from Amazon. The plan was to give hubby some of these with his Father’s Day gift but alas, I couldn’t wait to use them. Sorry hubby. It keeps the peaches from falling between the grates of the grill and allows me to easily mix them around without worry. They are especially good for light, flaky fish or small foods like tomatoes and strawberries that would easily get lost. Not to mention when I’m done I toss the tray and have nothing to clean. Score one for mom.
Grilled Peach Salad With Mint Dressing
- 2 peaches cut into 4 or 5 slices each
- 4 oz of goat cheese
- 1 large bunch of super greens or your favorite dark green lettuce kale, swiss chard, spinach
- 1 cup mint packed tight
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 peach
- juice of half a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice peaches and brush with olive oil or put in a ziploc bag with 1-2 tbsp of oil.
- Grill on medium, watching carefully. Do not move them if you want grill marks. Cook for about 5 min. per side.
- Set aside to cool.
- For dressing, put all ingredients into a high powered blender and mix. If necessary add a bit more olive oil until desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and adjust as necessary. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put lettuce in a bowl and top with grilled peaches. Gently tear the goat cheese into small pieces and top salad with it. Add dressing right before serving.
Looking for more recipes? Check out my publisher page on Yummly. Yummly is an awesome site full of delicious recipes. You can “yum” (save) anything you like to your own page so you can go back and refer to it when making your weekly menu. You can use my yum button (to the left) to save any recipe to your Yummly page. Enjoy!