This crusty Pomegranate and Goat Cheese Crostini is a sweet treat for special guests over the holidays. Whether you are having a party or simply entertaining family, these crostini are sure to please.
Christmas is less than a week away, only three more days! Are you ready?
I guess I’m ready – there are always last minute gifts that I put off and those are always the most difficult to take action on. I tend to save the most important recipients until the last minute. I think it’s because I am waiting, searching and hoping for that perfect gift. I set myself up for failure every year. I try to put so much thought into it, then I just have to grab something because I wait until the last minute.
Hope you have lots of plans to entertain this week. It doesn’t have to be hard!
These crostini are easy, festive and tasty. The crostini is perfectly crusty and easy to hold with one hand. The goat cheese is creamy and the pomegranate arils give it a nice, sweet crunch. It is possible to make your own balsamic reduction but I bought mine at Trader Joe’s. It’s nice to have in the pantry and I use it for everything.
Try topping your crostini with these other seasonal toppings too…
- ricotta and roasted tomato
- pear, gorgonzola, and honey
- fig and blue cheese
- raspberries and goat cheese
- sauteed kale and prosciutto
- soppressata and ricotta
- pesto, bacon, and tomatoes
- thinly sliced apple and manchego
Pomegranates are the perfect Christmas treat. The arils are super easy to get out so don’t be scared. If you need any help check out these directions.
Looking for more pomegranate recipes? Try these…
Pomegranate and Goat Cheese Crostini
- 12-15 (1/4 in) baguette slices
- olive oil
- 1 cup goat cheese , room temperature
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- balsamic reduction for drizzling
- small bunch of mint leaves , torn into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place crostini slices on pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toast for about 8 minutes. Cool.
- Spread with a tbsp of goat cheese. I use a knife and leave an indent that I can place the toppings in. It keeps them from falling off.
- Top with a few pomegranate arils, mint leaves and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.