These Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Muffins are moist, tender and full of fall sweet pumpkin flavor. The orange glaze makes them extra sweet.
I realize how many recipes are out there for pumpkin bread and muffins but these are different in several ways. First I use chocolate chunks.
Obviously, more chocolate equals better.
Also, I always add golden flax meal to my baked goods. It’s a simple addition that adds nutritional value. It’s full of omega-3 fatty acids (the good fat) and fiber. No one ever notices it’s in there. I also add it to oatmeal, pancakes and waffles.
Another difference is I use So Delicious coconut milk – specifically coconut creamer. It is thick and reminds of buttermilk so it’s great for baking.
Finally, I added an orange glaze made with coconut milk and orange zest. See how beautiful those little orange specks are in the icing. It just adds a little something special that makes you stop and think, hmmmm these taste different. So try it. Make them for a friend, coworker or neighbor.
Take a basket to your child’s teacher. It will make their day.
Need More Sweets in Your Life?
- Chocolate Swirled Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Baked Vanilla Donuts with Raspberry Glaze
- Paleo Brownies with Almond Icing
Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Muffins With Orange Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup coconut creamer or milk I use So Delicious
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks I use Enjoy Life
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1-2 tbsp coconut creamer or milk
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil and coconut milk.
- Add dry ingredients all at once and stir just until combined. Toss in chocolate chunks. I always place a few extra chocolate chunks on top to make it look pretty.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Do not overcook. Allow to cool completely.
- Prepare glaze by mixing sugar, zest and 1 tbsp of milk. Add more milk to get to desired consistency. I wanted mine to run down the sides so I made it thin. Allow to cool completely before drizzling with glaze.