These are the easiest and most delicious desserts ever! Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches use only a few ingredients and come together in minutes. They will be a huge hit and your next summer cookout!
Happy Five Ingredient Friday! I don’t know about you but I’m wiped out. May is by far the busiest month for my family. I have no idea why I don’t see this coming and prepare. I am living day to day and have no idea what’s happening until I take the time to look at the calendar. I cannot wait for school to be out!
Did I really just say that?
If you are headed to a cookout or block party this Memorial Day weekend, all you need is this recipe. They are a HUGE hit with kids big and small. I know this from experience. My kids and their playdates went gaga over these babies today.
They can be whipped up in 30 minutes or less and use only a few prepped ingredients. They are infinitely adaptable. Here are the varieties I made…
- chocolate waffles with vanilla ice cream dipped in chocolate with sprinkles
- plain waffles with butter pecan ice cream dipped in chocolate with chopped pecans
- plain waffles with cherry ice cream drizzled with chocolate with chopped chocolate on top
- toast mini waffles (preferably chocolate) and let cool
- melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave (hello Magic Shell)
- use a melon ball scooper to place one scoop of your favorite ice cream in between two waffles
- dip in chocolate
- sprinkle with your favorite toppings
- immediately put into the freezer for an hour
Viola! You are instantly the hit of the party.
You are welcome. I’m keeping it super short today so Happy Memorial Day weekend.
Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 box of mini waffles
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ice cream
- sprinkles chopped nuts or chocolate chips
Toast mini waffles and let cool.
Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave, stirring often
Using a melon ball scooper place one scoop of ice cream in between two waffles.
Dip into chocolate.
Place on parchment and sprinkle with desired toppings.
Immediately place into freezer for at least an hour or overnight.