One Pot Sausage and Kale
Need an easy dinner that takes under 30 minutes? This One Pot Sausage and Kale is easy, healthy and family friendly. Be sure to make extras for hubby's lunch the next day.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 tsp diced garlic
- 1 pound of sausage gluten-free if necessary, sliced I used Aidell's
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes mild
- 2 cups penne pasta gluten-free if necessary
- 1 cup kale torn from ribs and chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan or cheddar cheese for topping
Heat olive oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes, stirring often until it starts to brown.
Add sausage to the pot and continue to cook for a few minutes.
Add broth, tomatoes and juices and penne pasta. Stir well to submerge pasta and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 8 minutes or until almost done.
Add kale and stir. Cook until kale wilts about 3-4 more minutes.
Add parmesan, salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 540kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1098mg | Potassium: 713mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1855IU | Vitamin C: 25.7mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 2.8mg