- 1 12 oz pack of sausage sliced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 7 cups chicken broth gluten free if needed
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoon flour gluten free if needed
- 1 package of fresh tortellini gluten free if needed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup spinach or kale optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Brown vegetables and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook for a few minutes.
Add sausage, cook for another few minutes.
Add tomato past through oregeno. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer over medium low for about 10 minutes.
Stir in tortellini, cook for about 5 minutes.
Add milk and stir. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Add greens.
Serve with fresh parmesan.
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 1267mg | Potassium: 707mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5010IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 2mg