- 2 15 oz cans black beans rinsed
- 1 onion diced
- 1 5 oz can mild diced green chilis drained
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 cups gluten free chicken broth 1 32 oz box
- 2 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1 ½ tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- one sprinkle of red pepper flakes optional
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- toppings: cheese avocado, green onions, sour cream, jalapenos, lime wedges, tortilla chips
Put all ingredients into a slow cooker set on low.
Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
Remove chicken thighs and place on a cutting board. Shred chicken with two forks and place back into Crock Pot.
Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste. Add more salt and pepper if necessary or a bit more broth if too thick.
Calories: 539kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 74g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 781mg | Potassium: 1782mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 6735IU | Vitamin C: 16.5mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 6.4mg