- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 teaspoon diced garlic
- 1 pound of sausage gluten-free if necessary, sliced I used Aidell's
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes mild
- 2 cups penne pasta gluten-free if necessary
- 1 cup kale torn from ribs and chopped
- ½ cup parmesan or cheddar cheese for topping
Heat olive oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes, stirring often until it starts to brown.
Add sausage to the pot and continue to cook for a few minutes.
Add broth, tomatoes and juices and penne pasta. Stir well to submerge pasta and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 8 minutes or until almost done.
Add kale and stir. Cook until kale wilts about 3-4 more minutes.
Add parmesan, salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 540kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1098mg | Potassium: 713mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1855IU | Vitamin C: 25.7mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 2.8mg