- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 9 oz package of sweet Italian sausage removed from casings. gluten-free if necessary
- 2 can cannellini beans rinsed
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 32 oz box of chicken stock gluten-free if necessary
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Optional - parmesan cheese for garnish
Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add chopped onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Cook 5 minutes and remove from pan.
Add sausage and cook for about 8 minutes or so, crumbling as you go.
Add onion mixture back to pan, then add all remaining ingredients except parmesan cheese.
Bring to a boil and stir, then reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
Remove bay leaf.
Serve hot with parmesan cheese and crusty bread for dipping.
Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 981mg | Potassium: 663mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3775IU | Vitamin C: 17.5mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 2.7mg