Brown Sugar Bacon is dangerously addictive (and gluten free). It’s perfect for a cocktail party because it can be made ahead and held with one hand. This is not your average breakfast bacon!
Brown Sugar Bacon is the perfect appetizer for your next soiree. It’s that magic combo of sweet and salty that we all adore. Not to mention it can be held with one hand leaving room for cocktails in the other.
What’s better than a three ingredient hors d’oeuvre?
This is relatively simple to make but there is a technique that helps streamline the process so I suggest following the directions carefully.
How To Make Brown Sugar Bacon…
I used thick cut bacon and I cut it in half before cooking to get the perfect bite-sized treats. The bacon is cooked in the oven on a foil lined cookie sheet which makes clean up easier. Just sprinkle the bacon with brown sugar and chili powder – that’s it!
Wait until you try that first crisp sweet and salty bite. It will be the hit of your party. It’s also a hit with the hostess because it can be made earlier in the day and just warmed up a touch before serving or served at room temperature.
I love filling my guests with protein especially if they are having cocktails. I like easy protein that I don’t have to be cooking at the last minute.
Roasted shrimp cocktail is another favorite.
This recipe is from Food and Wine.
I let my bacon sit on the pan after removing from the oven to help it crisp up. Don’t forget to spray the foil with cooking spray or the foil will stick to your bacon. Not yummy. I zapped mine in the microwave for about 30 seconds right before serving, but it’s also good at room temperature.
Store your Brown Sugar Bacon leftovers in the fridge.
Brown Sugar Bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds of thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line two cookie sheets with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix the brown sugar and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Lay the bacon on the cookie sheets leaving room in between pieces. Sprinkle with the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes. Cooking time will depend on your oven and you should check frequently. You want it to be crisp but not burnt. It will continue to crisp up after it's out of the oven.