This Apple Cider Sangria is bursting with fall flavors. Sweet, spicy and full of wine soaked fruit, it's sure to be a hit at all your fall celebrations.
It's fall y'all! Is there any better way to celebrate fall than with a virtual pumpkin party?
Sara over at Cake Over Steak has organized a HUGE pumpkin party (#virtualpumpkinparty) that is not to be missed. A ton of amazing bloggers have gotten together to share all things pumpkin today. The full list of awesome recipes can be found here. You will find any pumpkin recipe your heart desires plus a lot that you've never thought of.
What's a virtual pumpkin party without a cocktail? NOT a party at all, so I'm bringing the booze!
This Apple Cider Sangria is so packed with fall flavors, I know you will love it. It's super simple to make with apple cider, seltzer water and your favorite dry white wine. Add a spoonful or two of pumpkin and that's it! If you prefer to use a flavored seltzer, go with an orange or other citrus one.
I used sauvignon blanc but a pinot grigio or other dry white wine would work well too.
What to Put In Your Sangria...
- pomegranate seeds
- cinnamon sticks
- the sky's the limit!
The fruit is the best part because it gets soaked with the wine - you must eat it. I mean really the boozy apples, pears and oranges are the bomb!
If you are anything like me you can't get enough pumpkin recipes so let's celebrate fall by raising a glass of Apple Cider Sangria and diving into all these delicious pumpkin recipes at our virtual pumpkin party. 🎃
Apple Cider Sangria
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1-2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 bottle sauvignon blanc, or other dry white wine
- 1 cup plain seltzer
- 1 apple, washed and sliced
- 1 pear, washed and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, washed
- 1 orange, washed and sliced
- cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Whisk apple cider and pumpkin in a pitcher. Whisk well until pumpkin dissolves.
- Add one bottle of dry white wine. I used sauvignon blanc. Whisk gently.
- Add all sliced fruit and put in fridge for an hour or two.
- Remove from fridge and stir. Add one cup of seltzer and ice. Serve over ice with cinnamon sticks.