What is the easiest way to prepare a quick and healthy dinner for those busy Fall nights?
Sheet pan dinner. Seriously, it’s so easy! People always ask me for quick and healthy dinner ideas and this is a huge hit with my family. The chicken gets crispy on the outside and the potatoes, carrots and onions bath in a pale yellow sauce thanks to the turmeric. After the usual dinner questions like…
- Why is this so yellow?
- What did you put on the chicken?
- What is this green stuff?
The peeps ate it. Huge win.
This is the simplest answer to what’s for dinner. It is prepared with ingredients that can easily be found in your fridge and pantry. Meat and veggies plus spice = family favorite weeknight wonder. It has numerous varieties and substitutions that can take it all the way through the week.
Can you imagine only five ingredients turning into this yumminess? Here’s what I used…
- chicken thighs
What could be easier?
Take out, yes but let’s try to do better than that.
Turmeric is enjoying its time in the limelight. It’s popular because of it’s anti-inflammatory qualities and can be seen in turmeric smoothies and turmeric tea. Or if you would prefer try a turmeric shot. Bottoms up!
Sheet Pan Chicken With Turmeric
- 6 chicken thighs skin on
- 4 carrots washed, peeled and cut on the bias
- 1 medium onion cut in big pieces
- 10-12 small potatoes scrubbed and cut in half
- 1 tsp turmeric
- olive oil salt and pepper
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a sheet pan with parchment or foil.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place skin side up on sheet pan.
- Add vegetables around the chicken.
- Drizzle with olive oil and mix around with your hands making sure chicken is coated.
- Sprinkle with turmeric, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes turning pan and mixing around once during cooking.
- Roast until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.