These Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds and Almond Milk are easy to make, creamy, and filled with peanut butter, chocolate chips, chia seeds, and almond milk. Treat yourself to a filling, ready-made breakfast! (gluten free + dairy free + vegan)
Have you hopped on the overnight oats bandwagon yet? Maybe it's time you did.
They are easy to prep the night before and can be tailored to satisfy any taste buds. They have a different texture than warm oatmeal but I think you'll like it.
Overnight oats are all over Pinterest but it's important to keep in mind your portion size and try to control those toppings.
Being a food blogger can wreak havoc on my waistline. After all, everything looks better with tons of chocolate chips and dripping almond butter down the side. The toppings can add a ridiculous amount of calories so try to keep your portions sizes under control.
One serving of oatmeal is 1/2 cup of dry oats. This recipe is made for two. I usually make a double portion and eat it for the next two days.
Ingredients Needed for Overnight Oats...
- oatmeal - I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats. If you have celiac disease it is important to get the certified gluten free oats.
- milk - I use Califia unsweetened almond milk. Feel free to substitute coconut, cashew, oat, or cow's milk.
- nut butter - I used peanut butter but I've made this many times with almond or cashew butter.
- chia seeds - These are optional but they really add extra nutrients to this breakfast making it super healthy.
- toppings of choice - Endless! nuts, seeds, berries, sliced bananas, coconut flakes, dried fruit, and on and on.
These Overnight Oats are your daily dose of resistant starch. Resistant starch digests very slowly and helps you stay fuller longer. It passes through your intestines without being digested and boosts your metabolism.
You get resistant starch from uncooked oats - not cooked! To learn more about resistant starch and how it can help with weight loss check out these resources...
- These are so simple to make, just mix the oatmeal and chia seeds with coconut or almond milk and top with a lid.
- Place in the fridge overnight and wake up to a creamy delicious treat.
- Top with almond or peanut butter, coconut flakes, and mini chocolate chips and you can check that healthy breakfast box for the day. You are on your way to staying full until lunch and didn't spend any time making breakfast. It's almost too good to be true.
Look at that creamy deliciousness!
Looking for more quick, clean breakfast ideas?
- Cranberry Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Carrot, Apple and Turmeric Smoothie
- Healthy Gluten Free Oatmeal Toppings
Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds and Almond Milk
- Mix all ingredients in a jar with lid and place in fridge overnight.
- In the morning top with favorite toppings and enjoy.
- If it's too thick add a bit more almond milk.