Skinny Roasted Cod With Tomatoes is a huge weeknight win. The fish is mild, tender and flavorful and the roasted tomatoes are super sweet.
Fish and I have not always been the best of friends. For the longest time, I only bought fresh fish because I was intimidated by frozen. Finally, I have cracked the code for yummy frozen fish. I thawed this for about an hour in the package submerged in cold water. Then I opened the package, put the cod fillets on a paper towel and put them in the fridge. Never thaw fish in the package in the refrigerator. It just doesn't work - soggy fish is yucky.
This Skinny Roasted Cod With Tomatoes is so easy! It only requires a few ingredients that I'm sure you have in your kitchen right now. Olive oil, lemon, herbs, salt and pepper on the fillets and that's it. The roasted tomatoes become so soft and flavorful and they make a little bit of sauce that you can spoon over the cod. This is easy enough for a weeknight but beautiful enough to serve at a dinner party. The best part is ....my kids ate it. Touchdown.
Here's my before photo so you can see how much the tomatoes change shape and color. It's amazing what roasting vegetables can do to their texture and flavor. If you don't like tomatoes, you could substitute small potatoes, broccoli or asparagus.
Basics of roasting fish in the oven...
- try to find fillets that are of equal size - any firm white fish will work for this recipe
- pat the fillets dry with paper towels
- season well with salt and pepper
- to check for doneness, put a fork in the thickest part and twist gently, if it flakes easily it is done
- do not overcook - nobody likes tough fish
This Skinny Roasted Cod with Tomatoes is low in calories, easy to prepare and full of omega-3 fatty acids. Enjoy! If you prefer Mahi Mahi try this delicious Blackened Mahi Mahi.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Skinny Roasted Cod With Tomatoes
- 2 cod fillets thawed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint of multicolored grape tomatoes I found mine at Trader Joe's
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence or thyme and oregano
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pat fillets dry with a paper towel and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment.
- Scatter tomatoes around the fillets.
- Drizzle fish with olive oil. Drizzle tomatoes with oil and mix around with hands.
- Sprinkle fish and tomatoes with herbs, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lemon over fish and place lemon slices on top.
- Cook for about 20-30 minutes until the fish flakes easily and some of the tomatoes have opened.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Season with more salt to taste.
More Delicious Dinner Ideas →
Chicken Parmesan with Pepperoni
Apple Cider Beef Stew
Stacey @ Bake Eat Repeat
This fish looks fantastic! I love roasted fish and veggies - one of my favourite things. Plus it's so fast and easy!
This looks like a yummy, healthy dinner! I'll have to try this one!
Thanks Erin. Can't wait to hear how it turns out.
I must say this is really tempting , love to have it on my plate asap 🙂