Easy Balsamic Chicken is a one pan quick, healthy dinner that can be whipped up in under 20 minutes. The tomatoes start to burst and make a yummy sauce mixed with the balsamic vinegar. (gluten free)
Ready in under 20 minutes.
Need I say more?
This Easy Balsamic Chicken is quick to prepare and only requires a few ingredients. My twelve-year-old son loved this - he was so excited about it and gobbled it down. It really makes my day when I hit a homerun with my kids like this. Then I can easily pop this in my weekly meal rotation and relax. Planning = peace. Life is crazy at our house and we need any help we can get planning and organizing.
Chicken breasts are the ultimate in versatility. I'm a huge fan, however, there are certain things I have to do to make them tasty. For instance, I always trim the fat. If one of my kids finds a cartilage piece, the gig is up. I make them sound so picky, don't I? Well, I guess they are but they are pretty good eaters.
The other trick I use is flattening out the chicken. I always do a better job cooking them when they are equal thickness. Otherwise, I'm cutting into the thickest part, cooking longer and the thinner sections become tough. Trust me, this makes a huge difference. Not to mention, they take less time to cook so your meal gets on the table faster.
My kids would be happy if I simply sauteed the flattened chicken breasts in olive oil with garlic 24/7 but that's way too boring.
Need More Chicken Recipes to Get You Through The Week?
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Grilled Lemon Thyme Chicken
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Coconut Chicken Curry
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry
Easy Balsamic Chicken
- 3 boneless chicken breasts trimmed of fat
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1- pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup basil and tomato flavored feta
- ¼ cup basil
- Place chicken breasts in between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness.
- Preheat a skillet to medium-high.
- Salt and pepper both sides of chicken breasts. Add 2 tablespoon oil to the pan.
- When the oil is hot swirl it around to cover entire pan. Turn heat to medium. Place chicken in pan and cook for about 5 or 6 minutes per side. Try not to disturb them so they have time to brown on each side.
- The chicken should no longer be pink in the middle and reach a temperature of 165°.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil.
- Add 1 tablespoon more olive oil and add tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes until they start to burst open. Add 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Scrape the bottom of the pan and get up all that goodness.
- Add chicken back to pan with the juices.
- Top with feta and basil and serve.