Food allergies can be challenging but there are a lot of options for gluten free dairy free breakfasts. I've created a list of easy, delicious, healthy recipes and no recipe needed ideas for busy mornings.
I also include lists of gluten free dairy products we like that you can buy at your local grocery store. So whether you are on an elimination diet or you are strictly gluten and dairy free this list will help you navigate your breakfasts.
Many of these can be whipped up in twenty minutes or made ahead of time for a grab-and-go breakfast. You always have time for a healthy breakfast for the whole family!
This post contains affiliate links.
What Ingredients To Avoid When Dairy Free
There are several reasons why people may choose a dairy free diet. The main issue with dairy is that it can cause inflammation. Some people are lactose intolerant while others have a milk allergy. Other people find that going dairy free can help with acne or sinusitis.
You will notice that eggs are NOT considered a dairy product. There has been much confusion over this but even though they are an animal by product they are not considered dairy products. They contain no lactose.
When you are dairy free you have to avoid butter, cream, milk, and any products containing these milk products. Learn more at Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Carefully read ingredient labels and look out for words like these:
- butter, butter fat, artificial butter
- sour cream and yogurt
Check out my Gluten Free Guide to learn more about how to start a gluten free diet.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Breakfasts
Oats are a nutrient-dense and filling way to start your day. They can be made quickly and easily in the microwave or stovetop and then topped with lots of healthy toppings.
Put together some of your favorite dairy-free topping combos and eat oatmeal with me! Oatmeal is gluten-free as long as the label clearly states it. See my list of 45 Healthy Oatmeal Toppings.
Almond milk is our go-to non-dairy milk for making oatmeal. Personally, we love Califia Unsweetened Almond Milk and for chocolate chips, we like Enjoy Life Foods because they are gluten and dairy free.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Oatmeal
- Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats
- Nature's Path Organic Gluten Free Oats
- Anthony's Organic Steel Cut Oats Gluten Free
- Quaker Oats Gluten Free Old Fashioned
- Terrasoul Superfood Rolled Oats Gluten Free
- Oats in Coats Oatmeal Cups
- Bob's Red Mill Instant Oatmeal Classic Gluten Free
- Bob's Red Mill Classic Gluten Free Oatmeal Cup
- Purely Elizabeth Vanilla Pecan Oatmeal Cups
- Bakery on Main Gluten Free Oatmeal Cup
Pancakes & Waffles
When baking dairy free you can usually substitute vegan butter for regular butter. If a recipe calls for dairy milk just use almond, coconut, rice, or cashew milk.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Pancake and Waffle Mixes
- Kodiak Cakes Plant Based Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- TruEats Pancake and Waffle Mix
- Snacktivist Foods Gluten Free and Vegan Pancake and Waffle Mix
- Owyn Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle Mix
- Cherrybrook Kitchen Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle Mix
- Kinnikinnick Gluten Free Pancake & Waffle Mix
Gluten Free Dairy Free Ready Made Pancakes and Waffles
- Nature's Path Frozen Waffles
- Kodiak Power Waffles Plant Based
- Van's Gluten Free Waffles
- Envirokids Organic Penguin Party Cinnamon Waffles
- 365 Whole Foods Organic Waffles
Gluten Free Dairy Free Muffins and Muffin Mixes
- Katz Gluten Free Mini Muffins
- Abe's Mom's Gluten Free Muffins
- King Arthur Gluten Free Muffin Mix
- gfJules Gluten Free Muffin Mix
- GoNanas Gluten Free Muffin Mixes
- New Grains Gluten Free English Muffins
- Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free English Muffins
- Katz Gluten Free Donuts
- Namaste Muffin and Scone Mix
Gluten Free Dairy Free Cereal
- Barbara's Corn Flakes
- Three Wishes
- Panda Puffs
- Catalina Crunch
- Nature's Path Organic Mesa Sunrise
- Seven Sundays
- Iwon Organics Protein Crunchies
Gluten Free Dairy Free Yogurt
- Siggis Yogurt - our favorite!
- Oui By Yoplait
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Yogurt
- Silk Dairy Free Soy Alternative
- Silk Almond Milk Coconut Alternative
- So Delicious Coconutmilk
- Cocoyo Living Coconut Yogurt
- Stonyfield Organic Dairy Free Yogurt
- Kite Hill Almond Milk Yogurt
- Forager Dairy Free Cashew Milk Yogurt
Gluten Free Dairy Free Granola
- Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Granola
- Udi's Gluten Free Granola
- Bear Naked Granola
- Wildway Grain Free Granola
- Pure Bliss Organic Granola
- Gefen Gluten Free Granola
Best Gluten Free Dairy Free Breads
Toast is the perfect gluten free dairy breakfast. You can top it with so many healthy toppings to get you through your day.
Try avocado and everything bagel seasoning, natural peanut butter, fresh diced berries, or a fried egg and bacon.
- Canyon Bakehouse Ancient Grain Bread (one of our favorites!)
- Udi's Gluten Free Multigrain Bread (our other favorite)
- ODoughs Gluten Free Bagel Thins
- Young Kobras Gluten Free Sourdough
- Three Bakers Gluten Free 7 Ancient Grains
- Little Northern Bakehouse Seeds and Grains Bread
- Schar Gluten Free Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread
- Jim's Amazing Gluten Free Bread
Then you can top it with delicious dairy and gluten free toppings or even add mix-ins. Make it on Sunday and eat healthy breakfasts all week.
Smoothies can easily be made gluten free and dairy free by using almond, coconut, or cashew milk as your liquid. Just watch out for protein powders as they often contain dairy products like whey.
Smoothies are a super healthy way to start your day especially if you add greens and vegetables to your smoothies. Try not to add too much fruit or you will load up on carbs and calories.
Learn more about making green smoothies here with my Green Smoothie Recipes for Beginners.
Eggs are extremely versatile and high in protein so they are the perfect addition to your dairy free breakfast routine. We love having boiled eggs on hand for on-the-go breakfasts and quick easy snacks during the week.
Breakfast casseroles are also a good option just be sure to use non-dairy milk and either no cheese or dairy free cheese. Fresh herbs really help to perk up egg dishes and add flavor.