Are you ever in a hurry in the morning? Even when our lunches are packed, forms signed, clothes laid out and backpacks packed, it’s still hectic in the AM. I’m with ya! There are a couple of things I do to make our mornings go more smoothly…
- pack lunches the night before (except sandwiches)
- lay out clothes – they wear uniforms so that’s easy 🙂
- pack backpacks and make sure they are ready to go in the mudroom, hanging on their hooks
- I make a list of tasks for myself the night before so I’m not distracted by that while the kids are up
- I get up before my kids
- get enough sleep – this one counts double – everything is better when we all get sleep
- chore chart in their rooms listing the basic tasks for the morning – make bed, open blinds, turn off all lights, brush teeth
- make breakfast the night before
Overnight oats to the rescue!
It takes only five minutes at night to prep this and you wake up to a super delicious, healthy fall breakfast. These Overnight Pumpkin Oats With Chocolate are full of protein from the gluten free oats and naturally low in fat. The pumpkin adds great flavor and tons of vitamin E. The high fiber oats keep me full until lunch with no tummy rumbling. The chocolate chips add just enough sweetness to ward off any cravings later but feel free to add a bit of honey if you prefer it sweeter. Having a healthy breakfast made is a huge win for me and makes our mornings easier. Plus I am less likely to reach for my kid’s cereal.
These oats are creamy, filling, sweet and oh so satisfying. Try them today and have an easier tomorrow! Looking for more overnight oats? Try this Overnight Chocolate Oatmeal Protein Bowl.
Overnight Pumpkin Oats
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp honey optional
- 2 tbsp gluten free chocolate chips I use Enjoy Life
- Mix oats and milk in a bowl.
- Add pumpkin and honey, mix well.
- Pour into a jar.
- Top with chocolate chips. I chopped up some of mine to make smaller shards of chocolate.
- Store in fridge overnight.
Have you tried overnight oats yet?