The best Blackberry Chia Pudding loaded up with peanut butter, blackberries and granola for some crunch. (gluten free, dairy free,)
You are going to love this Blackberry Chia Pudding because it has the perfect texture and sweetness. It will fill you up with healthy goodness and you won't be hungry until lunch I promise. Enjoy with a cup of coffee or eat a small amount for a quick snack.
Chia seeds are loaded with goodness and I try to incorporate them into my diet at least weekly.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
- loaded with high soluble fiber
- lots of antioxidants
- high in protein
- high in omega-3 fatty acids
- when mixed with milk they make the perfect pudding!
- almond milk - any milk will do
- chia seeds
- vanilla - I like Rodelle Vanilla
- blackberries - I used fresh but you could thaw frozen ones to use
- pure maple syrup
- toppings: peanut butter, blackberries
Meal Prep Ideas
This Blackberry Chia Pudding can easily be made on a Sunday and eaten throughout the week. I prefer to make my chia pudding in a big jar and add the fruit and toppings right before I eat it. If you like you can go ahead and dish these out into small containers with the blackberry compote and berries. I would add the peanut butter at the last minute. Enjoy!
Blackberry Chia Pudding
- Add chia seeds and almond milk to a jar with a lid. Stir well and refigerate overnight or at least 3 hours. Shake the jar a few times to mix the chia seeds around.
- When ready to assemble place pint of blackberries and maple syrup into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until boiling and quickly lower to a simmer. Mash berries with a potato masher and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until juices are released.
- Divide chia pudding across two small bowls or glasses. Top with cooled blackberry compote. Top with peanut butter, berries and granola. (optional)
Adapted from my Kiwi and Raspberry Chia Pudding.