Your family will love these Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies. They are full of good for you ingredients like oats, bananas, and cashew butter. Eat them for snacks, treats or breakfast on the go.
The beginning of the school year is right around the corner for us and I can't decide if I'm happy or sad. My kids need some routine and structure in their lives right now.
There is way too much sleeping late, playing electronics, snacking all day and generally being sluggish. Did I mention playing electronics? Ugh, I'm so sick of managing that.
On the other hand, I'll miss them. And the start of school means the start of all sorts of nonsense like packing lunches, doing homework, filling out forms, writing checks to school and driving to sports. I could live without the chaos and the 100 miles per hour schedule that will soon dominate my life.
Either way, it's inevitable and I have to start planning accordingly. These Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies can help your mornings go smoothly. You can make these babies ahead and the kids can munch on them all week.
They love the idea of having cookies for breakfast, who wouldn't? It's like having a bowl of oatmeal topped with bananas and chocolate chips. Yum!
There are only a five simple ingredients that go into making these Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies. Make sure your oats are certified gluten free. We use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Cooking Rolled Oats.
I used cashew butter because my son has a peanut allergy but you can easily substitute peanut butter and they should work out great. Feel free to add dried cherries or raisins instead of chocolate chips. I love Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips which are vegan and gluten free.
Good luck with back to school my friends! If you make these cookies be sure to tag me at seasonal_cravings on Instagram!
Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies
- 2 cups gluten free oats I used Bob's Red Mill
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup gluten-free chocolate chips I used Enjoy Life mini chips
- 1/4 cashew butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °.
- Mix all ingredient in a large bowl. Mixture will be sticky.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out equal sized portions of the dough.
- Use the bottom of a glass to flatten out each cookie.
- Cook for about 10-12 min. They will get brown on the bottom so watch closely.
- Let cool and serve or store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
This recipe was inspired by one at The Simple Veganista.