Looking for an anti-inflammatory drink? This Turmeric Tea is for you. It’s healthy, delicious and full of curcumin, an anti-inflammatory compound. Bottom’s up for your health!
If you haven’t heard of Turmeric Tea, where have you been?
It contains curcumin which has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
According to Dr. Weil, elderly villagers in India who eat this spice every day in their curries, have the lowest rates of Alzheimer’s in the world. If that’s not reason enough to give this Turmeric Iced Tea a try, I’m not sure what is.
I have to admit, I had my doubts about how this would taste – it’s delicious and refreshing. My daughter tried it and gave it a thumbs down, but I’m not surprised. This tea is for mommy. It’s a great treat for a hot day and something a bit different from your everyday iced coffee.
Health Benefits of Tumeric Tea
Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric and can be good for these ailments…
- joint pain
- hay fever
- heart health
Super simple to throw together. Boil water, add spices and drink up! I love the flavor of turmeric.
Want More Turmeric in Your Diet to Lower Inflammation? Try these…
- Carrot, Apple and Turmeric Smoothie
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Turmeric
- Turmeric Rice
- Turmeric Quinoa with Pomegranates and Walnuts
- Golden Milk Ice Cream
- Turmeric Roasted Potatoes with Green Beans
- Life Changing 30 Minute Masala Sauce
- Tropical Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
- Turmeric Rice with Coconut Kale
- Turmeric Bombs
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- juice of 1/2 an orange
- honey to taste
- Place two cups of water in a saucepan over high heat. Add turmeric and cinnamon and whisk.
- After boiling, reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whisk again and pour over ice. Add orange juice and honey.
- Stir occasionally to keep sediment from sitting on the bottom.
This recipe was adapted from Dr. Weil.