Need a quick summer side dish? This Asparagus with Bacon is so flavorful and easy to prepare. After all, everything’s better with bacon!
Happy Five Ingredient Friday! Hope you have fun plans for the weekend. We are busy with baseball games, birthday parties, and a boy scout campout. Luckily, hubby is chaperoning that one! I’m not into sleeping on the ground with mosquitos.Do your kids eat asparagus? I have tried so many times but I still only have one kid who will eat it. Topping it with crispy bacon like this helps. It gives it a super salty and smokey kick.
Do your kids eat asparagus? I have tried so many times but I still only have one kid who will eat it. Topping it with crispy bacon like this helps. It gives it a super salty and smoky kick.
Here are my tips to make yummy asparagus…
- cut off tough ends (a must!)
- cut into bite size pieces
- saute in a skillet
- add some flavor (fat) to the pan (olive oil and bacon)
- don’t forget the salt
Did you know that asparagus has protein in it? Two grams! It’s also full of folate, Vitamin K, C and A. So eat up while it’s fresh. If you want to learn more about the healthy benefits of asparagus check out Well-Being Secrets.
Give this Asparagus with Bacon a try. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how yummy this turns out. Here are some other creative ways to use asparagus this season…
- Roasted Asparagus Salad with Citrus Dressing from Eating Well
- Roasted Garlic Asparagus from Epicurious
- Roasted Garlic and Asparagus Soup from Diethood
- Asparagus with Eggs and Parmesan from The Kitchn
- Super Crispy Oven Baked Asparagus Fries from The Kitchn
- Easy Oven Roasted Parmesan Asparagus from Chelsey’s Messy Apron
- Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta from Cooking Classy
- 1 bunch of asparagus washed and tough ends trimmed off
- 4-6 pieces of cooked and crisped bacon I used microwave bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a cast iron skillet over med-high heat and add the olive oil.
Put chopped asparagus into the pan and cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
When it is cooked to your liking, add the chopped bacon and cook another minute or two.
Note: You can cook the bacon in the same cast iron skillet and then cook asparagus in it using some of the bacon fat. I used microwave bacon to cut down on prep time.
Craving more green?