How are those New Year's Goals working? If you are trying to eat low carb, you'll love this Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice. It's full of veggies and Asian flavor, plus low carb! (gluten free, low carb)
Whatever your health goals are for the new year, you'll love this Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice. It fits into many diet plans including paleo, whole 30 and gluten-free, plus it's low carb.
I hate making different meals for my kids but sometimes I have to. When they eat straight up spaghetti and meatballs I'll eat something like this. I like to have low carb meals prepped so I have it at the ready when I'm making a dinner for the kids that is loaded with carbs. Man, I wish I had my 14-year old's metabolism... those were the days. 😜
This is packed full of veggies with the cauliflower rice, peas, carrots, and onions. I used sesame oil and soy sauce but you can use tamari for gluten free or coconut aminos for paleo/whole30.
You can easily use a bag of frozen peas and carrots for a quick addition or maybe add a bag of frozen stir fry veggies. The chicken is sauteed in sesame oil which gives it a nice Asian flavor.
I bought my cauliflower rice premade at Whole Foods but you can rice your own with a box grater or your food processor. Most grocery stores carry fresh cauliflower rice and they also have it in the frozen section too. It's so easy!
As far as the taste goes, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by cauliflower rice. It's tender and very rice like. I would argue that it simply takes on the flavor of whatever sauce you put on it. I know you may be skeptical but please give it a try. At only 25 calories a cup, it's hard to ignore. Not to mention it has 5 grams of carbs as opposed to 45 in white rice! Wow!
How To Make Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice...
There are two ways to make cauliflower rice. First you can throw it all into your food processor and blitz it a few times. I like to make a big batch and keep it at the ready. Sometimes I bag some up and store it in the freezer. Secondly you can use a box grater but this is a bit more of a challenge. Watch those fingertips too!
This Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice keeps well in the fridge for up to four days. Add a splash more of soy sauce to give it some extra zip.
I think you will love this Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice because it's...
- easy to prepare
- full of Asian flavor
- gluten free, paleo, whole30, low carb
- only 4 Weight Watchers Smart Points!
- tastes great the next day
Want More Low Carb Recipes? Try these...
Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
- 3 chicken breasts, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (tamari if gluten free or coconut aminos if keto)
- Add 1 tbsp sesame oil in a skillet and place over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until done about 8-10 minutes tossing often.
- Remove chicken from pan and add three eggs. Scramble gently until cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tbsp sesame oil to pan. Saute garlic for a minute or two. Add ginger, onions and carrots. Saute for a few minutes. Add cauliflower rice and saute for another few minutes. Add peas, soy sauce, chicken and eggs. Saute for a minute.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasoning. Add more soy sauce and a drizzle of sesame oil.