This easy Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is a cinch to make and it's packed with flavor. Using lots of herbs really fills it with seasonal goodness. (gluten-free)
Chickpeas are such a versatile ingredient, if you don't use them in your cooking it's time to give this legume a try. They are great in soups, salads, and even sandwiches like these Tuna Salad Collard Wraps.
According to Healthline, chickpeas are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They are also high in protein and that's why they are often used by vegans.
You can almost always find cucumbers and tomatoes at your grocery store so this is easy to make during any season. I like it because this salad holds up when stored in the refrigerator for a few days. It's perfect for weekly meal prep although it goes fast in my house!
- mix it up by using beans instead of chickpeas
- add diced red onions and red peppers
- add any other fresh herbs - load them up!
- use goat cheese or try herbed feta
- make it lunch by adding some leftover chicken or steak
Other Popular Salad Recipes
- Fennel, Mango and Celery Salad
- Strawberry and Feta Salad with Pecans
- Kale and Apple Salad with Maple Mustard Dressing
- Cranberry Almond Quinoa
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 1 14 oz can of chickpeas
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup black olives, sliced in half
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- lots of herbs, basil, thyme, oregano, mint
- Toss all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Top with your favorite Italian bottled dressing. I used Tessamae's Italian, one of my favorites.