Fresh, creamy, and packed with vibrant flavors, this Plum and Pomegranate Toast is guaranteed to be your new guilt-free snack of choice. With the perfect balance of salty and sweet, loaded up with cream cheese, cinnamon and honey, this dreamy treat delights the senses and excites the taste buds.
I love my avocado toast as much as the next person, but every once in a while I get a massive craving for something sweet to snack on. Not only is this Plum and Pomegranate Toast a nutritional powerhouse, but it’s also incredibly delicious. Each of the ingredients perfectly complements the last, creating a glorious symphony of flavors that practically melts right in your mouth.
This Plum and Pomegranate Toast is as beautiful as it is tasty, with bold and bright colors that stand out from other snacks. This healthy treat makes for a show-stopping addition to any brunch, baby shower, or birthday celebration.
It also makes for a fantastic appetizer if you swap out the toast for crostini, so keep that in mind for future dinner parties!
- Gluten-free bread (I prefer Canyon Bakehouse)
- Whipped cream cheese
- Plums, thinly sliced
- Pomegranate arils
- Sunflower seeds
- Ground cinnamon
How to Make Plum and Pomegranate Toast
One of my favorite things about this delicious treat is that it’s incredibly easy to make. Aside from the toasting of the bread, there’s no cooking required. It’s as simple as these two steps:
- Toast your bread, then spread the cream cheese on top. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the cream cheese, then top with sliced plums, pomegranate arils, sunflower seeds, and a generous drizzle of honey.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Note: If you aren’t gluten-free, feel free to use whichever type of bread you prefer. If you’re interested in learning more about going gluten-free, check out my guide on How to Go Gluten-Free
Why You’ll Love This Plum and Pomegranate Toast
- Easy to make
- Minimal ingredients
- Packed with fresh, vibrant flavors
- Loaded with nutrients
- Ready in under 5 minutes
Alternative Toppings for Toast
Any of these ingredients can be swapped out for something else, depending on your flavor preference and what you have on hand. Feel free to get creative and mix it up!
Here are some of my favorite sweet toast toppings to try out:
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Chopped nuts like almonds or pecans
- Shredded coconut
- Maple syrup
- Nut butter
- Fruit compote
- Fresh berries
- Sliced peaches or banana
Plum and Pomegranate Toast
- 2 pieces gluten free bread I like Canyon Bakehouse
- 2 tbsp whipped cream cheese
- 2 plums sliced thin
- 2 tbsp pomegranate arils
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- Make the toast and spread with cream cheese. Sprinkle on the cinnamon. Top with sliced plums, pomegranate arils, sunflower seeds and a generous drizzle of honey.
- Serve immediately.