Easy and healthy Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash is like fall in a bowl. Acorn squash stuffed to the brim with savory sausage, black beans and onions then topped with cheese is over the top delicious. (gluten free)
I'm totally in love with stuffed squash! It's such an easy way to make a quick, healthy gluten free, low carb meal.
You guys know I love stuffed squash like this Chicken Taco Spaghetti Squash but this one is even better!
I have to admit that the little people in my house ate the stuffing, sans squash, but hubby and I loved it stuffed. Make sure you get it all mixed up together with that squash.
You can meal prep these ahead, wrap them up well with foil and they will last in the fridge for several days.
I think your family will love this Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash. It's...
- savory and satisfying
- topped with gooey cheese
- high in fiber
- gluten free
- fun and delicious!
Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 1 whole acorn squash, cut in half
- 8 oz chorizo, casings removed (gluten free)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 whole garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 whole green onion, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Drizzle the inside of squash with olive oil and salt and pepper lightly. Place the squash open side down and roast for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the chorizo from the casings and brown in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, crumbling as you stir. Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to pan and add diced onion and chopped garlic. Saute for about 5-8 minutes. Add cooked sausage and black beans to pan and stir for a minute or two.
- When acorn squash is done, fill the squash with the sausage filling. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and put back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish with green onions and serve. This can be kept well in fridge for 2-3 days of leftovers.