The perfect appetizer for all your parties, this Baked Brie is covered in Cranberry Raspberry Sauce that is sweet and tart. (gluten free)
Baked cheese may just be the best appetizer in the world. I mean let's face it...appetizers are all about cheese.
This baked brie is topped with a sweet and savory cranberry-raspberry sauce that is delicious on its own. Adding in some pure maple syrup gives it extra sweetness and flavor.
Ultimate List of Toppings for Baked Brie
- fig jam
- apricot jam
- strawberry preserves
- cherry preserves
- dried fruit
- balsamic vinegar
- pure maple syrup
- mango chutney
- fresh fruit
- brown sugar
Serve baked brie with crackers, sliced apples, sliced pears, or french bread rounds. Add some wine, and you have a party.
Tips and Tricks for Baked Brie
- Do I take the rind off of the brie before baking? No, I do not take the rind off of the brie before I bake it because it helps to hold it together. If not, it will all melt out onto the pan. The rind is edible, just a little thicker, and doesn't melt well. I do cut the rind off of the top, but that is just my preference and not mandatory.
- Do you cover brie when baking it? There is no need to cover the brie unless you have a topping on there that might burn.
- What jelly goes best with brie? So many options, but I like fig jam the best. Also, try raspberry, cranberry, strawberry, apricot, or peach.
- What Should I Serve with Brie? So many options; crackers, crusty bread, naan bread, pretzels, sliced apples, pears, plums, or peaches.
Baked Brie with Cranberry Raspberry Sauce
- 1 round of brie
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp pistachios
- mint for garnish
- In a small saucepan cook the cranberries, raspberries and maple syrup over medium heat. After a few minutes mash the cranberries with the back of a wooden spoon and stir frequently. Cook for a few minutes on low.
- Bake brie in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and place it on a serving plate. It helps if you cook it on parchment paper then you can just lift it out.⠀
- Top with the berry sauce, pistachios and mint. Serve immediately with crackers, apples or pear slices. ⠀