This Egg and Greens Protein Bowl is a delicious, healthy recipe you can make for any meal of the day. It's gluten free, keto and packed with nutrition.
This post is sponsored by The Happy Egg CoⓇ. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
If you are new around here, you may not know this, but I am obsessed with eggs and eat them daily. Aren't they the world's most perfect food? Packed with protein and Vitamin D, they make a great breakfast and snack throughout the day.
Since I eat so many eggs on a regular basis, I make sure to buy a high-quality egg. I am in love with the Happy Egg Co. Free-est of the Free Range Eggs. I found them in the dairy aisle at my local Safeway. These are NOT your average eggs!
There is a reason they are called happy; these hens are raised with love on over eight acres in Missouri and Arkansas. Eight acres is five times what is required to be labeled free range. They are fed the best feed and they get to explore and socialize throughout the day.
This makes for happy hens that produce healthier, richer and better-looking eggs for us. These Free Range Eggs are hormone, pesticide, and antibiotic-free, so you can feel good about feeding them to your family.
Now that we know which eggs to buy, let's jump into this Egg and Greens Protein Bowl.
We all know that eggs are packed with protein and fat-soluble vitamins, but adding greens to your bowl really pumps up the nutritional value. Personally, I am always trying to find ways to incorporate more vegetables into my diet. Adding them to your breakfast is a great way to start!
All you have to do is sauté your greens in some fat, like olive oil or coconut oil, and top with sunny-side-up Free Range Eggs. Add seasoning and you are good to go. That's the simple version but better yet is to add some more veggies. I used roasted butternut squash in mine.
Try adding these vegetables to your Egg and Greens Protein Bowl
- roasted Brussels sprouts, cauliflower or butternut squash
- riced cauliflower
- roasted sweet potatoes
- sauteed zucchini or summer squash
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- other greens, like Swiss chard or spinach
Look at that beautiful yolk color!
Egg and Greens Protein Bowl
- 2 1/2 cups swiss chard (or other greens)
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted vegetables, I used butternut squash (optional)
- 2 Happy Egg Co. Free-est of the Free Range Eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and saute a minute or two. Add greens and stir gently. Cook until wilted.
- Place greens in a bowl. Add a little more olive oil and Crack Free Range Eggs in a skillet. Fry until done to your liking.
- Put warm eggs on top of greens and add any roasted vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste.