These fresh Watermelon Margaritas are one of my favorite ways to celebrate summer. They are easy to make and taste like summer in a glass!
It's Five Ingredient Friday peeps and what better day to throw together some gorgeous, fresh cocktails like this Watermelon Margarita?
It's hot out, I had a long week and deserve a treat.
Actually, I had an easy vacation week bopping around Boston with my family. As I write this I am looking at my beautiful view of the Trinity Church in Copley Square.
My kids are finally old enough to keep up with us on a long and tiring city vacation. We did not have one kid breakdown during our entire week here.
Can you believe that? It was amazing and I am so proud of these little people. We walked their legs off but did they complain, no! In fact, I got tired before they did. So proud.
You will love these fresh, fruity Watermelon Margaritas. Remember they are only as good as your watermelon, so get a ripe one.
How Do You Know if a Watermelon is Ripe?
- it will have a yellowish spot on the bottom where it's been sitting in a the field
- it will have a hollow sound when you knock on it
- it will smell slightly sweet but not too much
You can easily throw all these ingredients into a blender (except the alcohol) and make this super fast, but I prefer to blend the watermelon first, then strain it through a fine-mesh sieve. This gives you a much cleaner watermelon juice with no pulp.
After straining it, I still had some pulp in my drink so it's hard to remove all of it.
My favorite new cocktail add in is honey simple syrup. It's so delicious. Just mix equal parts honey and water together in a saucepan and heat until the honey dissolves.
If you want to be extra fancy, make some watermelon ice cubes by pouring some of the juice into ice trays.
Drink up, people. Summer doesn't last forever so let's take advantage of that fresh fruit while we can, shall we?
I can't get enough summer cocktails like this Strawberry Mint Smash and this Strawberry Lime Gin Rickey.
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon about 4-5 oz watermelon juice
- 3 oz silver tequila
- 1 ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey simple syrup or more to taste
- watermelon and lime for garnish
- For simple syrup:
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- To make simple syrup put ¼ cup honey and ¼ cup water together in a saucepan and heat until honey mixes into water. Stir often.
- To make watermelon juice, blend watermelon in blender. To strain, press the juice through a fine mesh sieve.
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Place ice in two glasses and pour cocktail in.
- Garnish with watermelon and lime.
Cheyanne @ No Spoon Necessary
Glad you had a lot of fun on your week vacation!! Boston is such a cool area! I've never met a margarita or a watermelon I don't like, so combining the two into one cool cocktail is PERFECT! These are so pretty.. and I bet they are dangerous too, because who could stop at just one!? More like, I'll take a pitcher, please. lol. Cheers!!
I'm with you. It's so hydrating it must be good for you, right?
Kathy @ Beyond the Chicken Coop
These look wonderful and soooo refreshing! Just what I need on a hot summer's day!
Amazing! It's only Monday...is it too early in the week for a pitcher of these? So cool and refreshing. A summer must!
Is it too early? After all, it's summer. Isn't everyday Friday?
The Gourmet Gourmand
I wish I were at your place on Friday so I could party it up with these perfect looking Margs! Love love love!
Me too! Come on over anytime!