Let's celebrate summer with this super delicious Strawberry Lime Gin Rickey. It's the perfect combo of sweet and sour with lots of summer freshness.
Cocktails on Wednesday? Why yes!
Summer cocktails are so pretty and celebratory. Using all the freshest summer fruits to make cheery cocktails is the most fun.
Can you believe the summer is almost over? Where did it go?
Why didn't I get to all items on my summer bucket list? We didn't go to the water park, pick strawberries, or learn to paddleboard.
What we did do was spend many days at the beach and pool lounging. Well, I was lounging and the kids were swimming, boogie boarding, and snorkeling.
Fall is always a turning point for me where I re-evaluate my goals and make plans for the school year. I will be making goals for the blog and for things I want to do with my family.
Hopefully, I will have a more organized way to get my meals on the table each night (weekly meal planning anyone?)
Seriously, I'm on a mission to fill this blog with simple gluten free weeknight meals that can be made in less than 30 so stay tuned. I will recommit to working out on a regular basis since I haven't worked out all summer. Gross, I know, but who has time for that?
It's almost like New Year's Resolution time for me and I love it. I'm a list maker and a goal setter and it's the only way I get anything done.
Can you believe that I have written something on my list that I have already done just so I can cross it off? Crazy, yes!
In the meantime, I have one week left of summer celebrating and so do you. Luckily you have this awesome list of summer cocktails to make.
Try each one and enjoy every last second of summer!
Need more cocktail recipes?
- Cherry Margaritas
- Apple Cider Sangria
- Pomegranate Orange Sangria
- Blackberry Vodka Mojito
- Blood Orange Wine Spritzer
Strawberry Lime Gin Rickey
- 16 oz strawberries hulled and cut in half
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice I used 1 juicy lime
- 2 tablespoon honey or more to taste
- 6-10 mint leaves
- ½ cup gin
- club soda to top off
- 2 cups ice
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- lime strawberries and mint for garnish
- Blend the strawberries, lime juice, and honey in a high-speed blender. (You will want to drink this with a straw, but try to refrain.)
- Rub the rims of two glasses with a slice of lime then dip in a shallow bowl of sugar. Add ice to glasses.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle 6-10 mint leaves with a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon. Then add 1 ½ cups ice, gin and ½ - ¾ cup strawberry puree mixture. Shake well.
- If you prefer no seeds, you can strain this through a fine mesh sieve. I did not.
- Pour mixture into glasses and top with club soda.
- Garnish with fresh lime, strawberries, and mint.
- Serve with a straw. You may have some leftover strawberry puree - pour it on top of vanilla ice cream.
Kelsey @ Appeasing a Food Geek
Yum! This drink looks fabulous! I am obsessed with gin cocktails, so I cannot wait to try this baby out xoxo
Robyn @ Simply Fresh Dinners
MMMmm, I want to try this, too. Time to take it for a test drive this weekend! I know what you mean about getting super organized for Fall, Karen. It make such a difference if you invest the time to get things on track instead of chasing after the clock day after day. Then there's more time for happy hour! 🙂
Megan - The Emotional Baker
I love that you make fall resolutions! I'm trying that for the first year, too. While I write my list, I'll make myself one of these refreshing drinks. What a perfect summer flavor 🙂
Phi @ The Sweetphi Blog
That's so neat you make fall resolutions 😉 These cocktails look super delish
Alida | Simply Delicious
This cocktail look simply delicious Karen! Definitely trying this one.
Kate @ Framed Cooks
I love your mission...and also the gorgeous look of this drink! Live on, summertime! 🙂
These sound so wonderful! Thanks for hanging with us for #DRINKTHESUMMER 2016! xx
It was so much fun Sherrie! Thank you!
Perfect! We're going to the beach this weekend. I'm thinking of trying this one. Thank you so much for sharing!