Craving a margarita right about now? Me too! Do it up right with these Cherry Margaritas that are full of fresh lime flavor and are made easily with frozen cherries. Big batch Cherry Margaritas are perfect for spring and summer parties!
Don’t you love a good margarita? So do I! I love creating new flavors with whatever fruits are in season.
This time it’s Cherry Margaritas for a crowd. These are so easy to make because I use frozen cherries. No pitting cherries here except for the ones you throw in the glass. You are welcome! Although I do have a cherry pitter and my kids love using it. It makes a huge mess but it’s worth it to see them happy to eat fruit.
Why do we love margaritas so much?
For me, it’s because when I drink one it reminds me of good times on vacation sitting on the beach with hubby while the kids play in the ocean. Having one at home brings me back to those special times. Even the smell makes me happy.
How about you? What do margaritas remind you of?
Happy Cinco de Mayo to you! Celebrate with a margarita or two.
HOW TO MAKE A CHERRY MARGARITA
- thaw a bag of cherries overnight
- the next day throw those cherries and their juices into a blender and mix well until pulverized (that cherry puree is so delicious!)
- juice your limes
- add lime juice, cherry juice, tequila, Cointreau, simple syrup and ice to a pitcher
- stir well with a wooden spoon and garnish with fresh cherries and limes
HOW TO SWEETEN YOUR COCKTAILS
- To make simple syrup all you have to do is mix equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until dissolved.
- OR you can use superfine sugar in your cocktails and you don’t have to make simple syrup. It dissolves easily and tastes great.
- The final alternative is agave nectar. The taste is a bit different but I like it and it mixes in easily.
- 16 oz frozen pitted cherries, thawed overnight (save juices)
- 1 1/2 cups silver tequila
- 1 cup Cointreau
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh cherry juice
- simple syrup to taste or agave
- limes and cherries for garnish
- Blend thawed cherries in a blender on high speed until pulverized.
- Add all ingredients to a pitcher with ice and stir well.
- Serve with fresh limes and cherries.
Adapted from my Watermelon Margarita.