Craving a margarita right about now? Me too! Do it up right with these Cherry Margaritas that are full of fresh lime flavor and are made easily with frozen cherries.
Big batch Cherry Margaritas are perfect for spring and summer parties!
Don't you love a good margarita? So do I! I love creating new flavors with whatever fruits are in season.
This time it's Cherry Margaritas for a crowd. These are so easy to make because I use frozen cherries.
No pitting cherries here except for the ones you throw in the glass. You are welcome! Although I do have a cherry pitter and my kids love using it. It makes a huge mess but it's worth it to see them happy to eat fruit.
Why do we love margaritas so much?
For me, it's because when I drink one it reminds me of good times on vacation sitting on the beach with hubby while the kids play in the ocean.
Having one at home brings me back to those special times. Even the smell makes me happy.
How about you? What do margaritas remind you of?
Happy Cinco de Mayo to you! Celebrate with a margarita or two.
HOW TO MAKE A CHERRY MARGARITA
- thaw a bag of cherries overnight
- the next day throw those cherries and their juices into a blender and mix well until pulverized (that cherry puree is so delicious!)
- juice your limes
- add lime juice, cherry juice, tequila, Cointreau, simple syrup and ice to a pitcher
- stir well with a wooden spoon and garnish with fresh cherries and limes
HOW TO SWEETEN YOUR COCKTAILS
- To make simple syrup all you have to do is mix equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until dissolved.
- OR you can use superfine sugar in your cocktails and you don't have to make simple syrup. It dissolves easily and tastes great.
- The final alternative is agave nectar. The taste is a bit different but I like it and it mixes in easily.
NEED MORE COCKTAILS IN YOUR LIFE?
- 16 oz frozen pitted cherries, thawed overnight (save juices)
- 1 ½ cups silver tequila
- 1 cup Cointreau
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup unsweetened cherry juice I used R.W. Knudsen. Use can also use sweetened juice.
- simple syrup to taste or agave
- limes and cherries for garnish
- Blend thawed cherries in a blender on high speed until pulverized.
- Add all ingredients to a pitcher with ice and stir well.
- Serve with fresh limes and cherries.
Adapted from my Watermelon Margarita.
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen
I love a good margarita too Karen! And I'm always looking for a reason to break out my cherry pitter. These look awesome! Cheers to Cinco de Mayo!
Oooooh, I love the addition of cherries in a margarita! My cherry tree doesn't yield a large crop yet, so I never have enough to make a fun dessert but I DO have enough to pop them in a margarita! Awesome job 🙂
Carol Little R.H. @studiobotanica
These cherry margs look fabulous.. Yup.. takes me right to that spot on 'my' beach in Mexico. Here's to a fabulous summer filled with sensational sips like this!!
Tessa the Domestic Diva
pretty! I don't drink alcohol, but I would love to try a virgin version of this!! Cherry and lime, yum!
I have indeed been craving margaritas lately! These look yum!
I don't drink but if I did, I'd drink that!
Yum! What a fun little twist on traditional margarita and it's so pretty too!
Oh yeah, I love a good margarita! This cherry version is so unique... must try!
Liz Della Croce
I definitely need these for my Memorial Day cookout! The cherry flavor is a unique twist, and I'm sure they'd be a hit.
Katie Walsh Beck
Never thought of cherries in a margarita - but how delicious it sounds. A perfect summer drink.
Emily @ Recipes to Nourish
I don't drink, but those flavors sound delicious! Cherry + lime together is so yummy, I bet these taste amazing! So pretty garnished with those fresh cherries too!
I just happen to have a huge bag of frozen cherries from Costo! Now I know a goof way to use it 🙂
This recipe is beautiful, as are your photos!
I've never thought to make cherry puree, but that sounds so delicious. What a great idea to add it to margarita!
I love summer drinks and this recipe is so simple and delicious. Thanks so much for sharing !
Ooh these cherry margaritas look delicious and I love that I can use frozen cherries! I bet the cherry puree is delicious in mocktail versions of these margaritas too!
Kari - Get Inspired Everyday!
Oh wow, what a fantastic idea! I love anything with cherries, so this is going to be a huge hit!
This was delicious. I was needing something that tastes like summer to get me through this long winter. 🙂 I use agave nectar in mine and it turned out great.
These were SUCH a hit at girl's night last night! Thanks for the amazing recipe, it's definitely a new fav!
This was deliciously tart in just the right way! I had never had a cherry margarita before, but I loved it! Your recipe was easy to follow, too.
Cherry wasn't a flavor I even thought about for margaritas. Happy I found this recipe. Thank you.
Yum! These were a great change from a typical margarita! I think Ill be making these all Summer long!