This Sweet Grapefruit Margarita is the perfect, sweet cocktail for your next party (or a stressful Tuesday). It's full of fresh grapefruit flavor, just a tad sweet without too much alcohol.
Do you celebrate Cinco De Mayo? If not, it's time you did because you can have fun cocktails like these Sweet Grapefruit Margaritas. They are loaded with the freshest ingredients with some sweet and sour going on too. Using fresh grapefruit ensures this cocktail will be over the top delicious.
You can choose to sweeten the Grapefruit Margarita with honey like I did or you can add triple sec. I think the honey has better agave syrup works well too.
How to Make the Best Margaritas...
- Use silver tequila for it's cleaner taste. Silver tequila is made from 100% agave and has not been aged like gold tequila. It also gives you less of a hangover just in case you have one too many.
- Try to find some good juicy limes. Pick ones that give a bit when you squeeze them and have no discolorations.
- Use a cocktail shaker and shake with ice for at least 30-40 seconds.
- Chill your glasses for 30 minutes in the freezer before assembling.
- Rim your glass with a lime wedge then dip in fine sea salt.
Get out your citrus juicer and start squeezing those grapefruits and limes. You are going to use all that fresh juice for your on the rocks margaritas!
You are going to love these Sweet Grapefruit Margaritas because they are...
- sweet and salty
- a bit sour from the grapefruit
- thirst quenching
- and just plain FUN!
Need more cocktails in your life? Don't we all! Try this Easy Blackberry Vodka Mojito, this Strawberry Lime Gin Rickey, or these Watermelon Margaritas.
Most tequila is gluten free but check your labels to make sure. There are some cheaper brands that contain gluten.
Sweet Grapefruit Margarita
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 pink grapefruits juiced
- 4 oz silver tequila
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pour fine sea salt onto a flat plate.
- Line the rim of two glasses with lime juice from one slice of lime. Dip glass rim into salt.
- Mix all remaining ingredients, except for fruit slices, in a cocktail shaker and shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour into two chilled glasses and garnish with fruit.
- Bottoms up!
This is a cocktail I can get behind!! Just perfect for Cinco de Mayo, my friend!
Thanks, Annie! Have a great week girl!
love fresh fruit juices and when you do this combo then it's on another level altogether!
Me too Prasanna!
You are speaking my language with these yummy margaritas.
Lane & Holly @ With Two Spoons
OMG-I need this NOW! Not only gorgeous but looks delicious!
Thanks Lane and Holly!
Elaine @ Dishes Delish
Margaritas are one of my favorite cocktails! Your grapefruit margaritas look so yummy. I can't wait to try them!
Yes Elaine, aren't margaritas the best?
I love the grape fruit....perfect cocktail for summer holidays and gatherings!
Guests love them! Thanks Catherine.
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen
Totally love grapefruit Karen! And the pretty color. Adding this one to the Cinco and summer cocktail list for sure!
Michelle | The Secret Ingredient Is
Grapefruit margs are where it's at! This looks so refreshing. I especially love the advice on what kind of tequila to use - "It also gives you less of a hangover just in case you have one too many" 🙂 haha, made me laugh!
Dawn - Girl Heart Food
I absolutely love grapefruit in cocktails so this one is definitely one that I would love! Pinned! Cheers, my friend 🙂
I love grapefruit, and especially in cocktails. It is funny, I saw this post, and I was reminiscent of my first job and experiencing happy hour! Love this one. Refreshing on so many levels.