This summery Strawberry Mint Smash cocktail will get you in the mood for warm weather. It’s sweet, minty, gorgeous and ready in 5 minutes! Happy Weekend!
With Memorial Day right around the corner, I’m dreaming of all the delicious recipes I can make with strawberries, like this Strawberry Mint Smash. Of course, we can get strawberries all season but they just aren’t as good as the ones available in the summer. They are perfectly red throughout with no tasteless white in the middle. When they are extra juicy they make the best summery cocktails. Muddling all that goodness in the bottom of the glass will give you a dreamy flavorful mixture that really makes this cocktail.
The twists on this drink are endless; try it with rum or bourbon. Put whatever fruit and fresh herbs you have available. Add a bit of sweetness from honey, agave or sugar and you have yourself a hit.
So set up your outdoor bar, invite the neighbors over and have a Memorial Day cookout. Keep it easy with some Pineapple Grilled Chicken Skewers and a huge Eat Your Greens Quinoa Salad. Make sure when your guests arrive that you hand them a Strawberry Mint Smash, then sit back and relax in your favorite Adirondack chair.
Strawberry Mint Smash
- 4-5 ripe strawberries sliced in half
- 1 tsp honey adjust to taste
- 5-7 mint leaves
- juice of half a lime
- 1 oz vodka
- seltzer or club soda to taste
- lime strawberries and mint for garnish
- Put the strawberries, mint and honey in the bottom of a cocktail shaker or glass. Muddle well with the bottom of a wooden spoon.
- Add the lime juice, vodka and ice. Shake well in a cocktail shaker.
- Rub a piece of lime along the rim of the serving glass and dip in sugar.
- Put 3 or 4 ice cubes in a glass and pour cocktail over it. If you were using a glass to mix, you will have to strain it. Top with club soda or seltzer.
Craving more cocktails…