No one will know this Chocolate Sheet Cake is gluten free! It's moist, delicious and the icing has just the right amount of chocolate in it.
Everyone needs a go-to chocolate sheet cake that can be made without fail for every special occasion and this will become your new one. It's easily made with Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour. I added some almond flour as well to give it a little more oomph. The texture is just right which can be hard when baking with gluten free flours.
The chocolate buttercream is made with just a bit of melted semisweet chocolate chips which makes it just chocolatey enough. It's the perfect topper for this moist chocolate cake.
- unsalted butter
- applesauce (unsweetened)
- pure maple syrup
- almond milk (or dairy milk)
- gluten free all-purpose flour ( I always use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1)
- superfine almond flour
- cocoa powder
- baking soda
- baking powder
- melted chocolate ( I used Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
If you prefer you can make 12 cupcakes or 2 round cakes out of this recipe. Just make sure your cakes are super cool before putting the frosting on.
Looking for more sweets?
- Chocolate Crinkle Sprinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- Pumpkin Yogurt Popsicles
- Five Ingredient Gluten Free Brownies
- Five Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Allrecipes
- ½ cup butter, unsalted, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup superfine almond flour
- 1 ½ cup gluten free all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted semi sweet chocolate chips
- Christmas nonpariels, optional
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup melted and cooled, dark or semi sweet chocolate
- pinch of salt