Salty sweet and so delicious these Chocolate Caramel Rice Krispie Treats will be a hit at your next party. Made easily in one bowl with no baking required.
Classic, easy to make and always a hit. You will love this spin on the traditional Rice Krispie Treat. It's different because I added cocoa powder, salted caramel chips and chocolate chips.
I found my salted caramel chips at Trader Joe's and they are super salty and delicious. As far as I am concerned chocolate and salt are a match made in heaven.
This recipe is adapted for my Best Rice Krispie Treat recipe you can find here.
Tips for the perfect Chocolate Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- Use good unsalted butter AKA Kerrygold. There is so much butter in here that the brand you choose really matters.
- Don't get your melted butter too hot. Take your time, be patient and cook it over medium heat only.
- Don't use stale Rice Krispies. Well, that is another obvious tip but I always use a fresh from the store unopened box and it makes them better.
- These are best eaten the day or day after they are made.
More Sweet Treats
- Best Rice Krispie Treats
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Almond Flour Cupcakes
Chocolate Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- Melt butter over low heat and gradually add marshmallows (except for 1 cup) stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and vanilla, stir well.
- Add Rice Krispies and stir well trying to cover them all with the marshmallow mixture.
- Add the chips and 1 cup marshmallows and stir.
- Pour into a well-greased 9 x 9-inch pan. Push down with your hands. I like to put butter on mine to keep them from sticking.
- Let set for about 30 minutes at least.