I miss Toll House Chocolate Chip cookies. I mean, really miss them. If you have been gluten free for any amount of time you know what I mean.
I have made numerous attempts to recreate those famous cookies and this Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie is the closest I’ve ever come. They are buttery and crisp with plenty of chocolate pieces in each and every bite. They are the perfect lunchbox treat or after school snack for those long back to school days our kids are about to face. Homework is always easier with cookies nearby.
My favorite part about these Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies is that they are just as simple as Toll House – easy peasy gluten free at it’s best. No need for five different flours or unusual and hard to find ingredients. All of these are pantry staples.
- room temperature unsalted butter
- chop one cup of chocolate chips in a food processor, blender of coffee grinder
- silpat or parchment paper on cookie sheet
- preheat oven and turn once during cooking
- let them cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before cooling rack
- do not let kids get anywhere near cookies before taking photo ↓
You might decide to skip the very complicated step (I’m kidding) of putting one cup of chocolate chips in the blender or food processer but it’s worth a try just one time. Not only do you get the bigger chocolate chips but you get little fragments of chocolatey goodness in every. single. bite. Who wouldn’t love that? The more chocolate the better right?
Trust me on this one – just try it once. ♡
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies don’t get any easier or more delicious than this. Gooey chocolate chips with a crisp buttery flavor throughout. So make some today and put them in your lunch boxes. Your kids will be glad you did. Let them eat cookies!
You can find the original Toll House recipe here.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips chopped in food processer or blender
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place rack in middle of oven.
- Put silpat or parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Whisk first four ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer cream butter, sugars and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add chopped chocolate chips and mix.
- Add flour mixture and mix. Stir in whole chocolate chips.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to drop cookies onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.