Hope you guys had an awesome Thanksgiving and didn’t eat too much. I had a great day with family and friends and some delicious grub.
Now it’s time to get back to the weeknight grind of getting dinner on the table. Don’t you just love that job?
I can tell you in all honesty that my Instant Pot makes dinnertime easier. It’s so easy to get a simmered all day flavor in a quarter of the time it takes in a slow cooker.
This Instant Pot Turkey Quinoa Chili tastes like it’s been cooking all day but you can easily make it when you get home from work. It is jam-packed with veggies, beans, turkey and high protein quinoa. I kept mine in the fridge for three days and it was still just as delicious as the first day I made it.
AND I added sweet potatoes. You guys know I’m in love with sweet potatoes right? See evidence here, here, and here. They spice up those boring weeknight meals and they are packed with vitamins and minerals!
Life is so much easier when I make a big batch of meal prep soup like this one. I know you are all super busy with Christmas shopping, card addressing and preparing for holiday guests…but you gotta eat.
Wouldn’t it be nice to open the fridge and see this healthy bowl of goodness staring back at you?
I think you are going to love this Instant Pot Turkey Quinoa Chili. It’s…
- hearty and filling
- packed with protein from the beans and quinoa
- meal prep friendly
- AND delicious!
Instant Pot Turkey Quinoa Chili
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 3 whole carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 14 oz cans beans, I used black and cannelini
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Brown turkey until cooked. Remove from pot.
- Add 1 more tbsp of olive oil and add onions, carrots, and garlic. Saute for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add turkey back to pot along with all other ingredients. Stir. Set Instant Pot for 20 minutes on high pressure.
- When timer goes off, use a dishtowel to release pressure valve. After heat has released remove lid and taste. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with shredded cheese and avocado. If you like your chili thinner you can add more broth or less broth to taste.
Adapted from my Healthy Turkey Chili.