This Skillet Chicken with Feta, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Olives is a quick and easy way to spice up your weeknight chicken. Topping the sautéed chicken with sun-dried tomatoes, feta and olives adds so much flavor.
Meet your new favorite winner, winner, chicken dinner!
I am so happy to have found yet another way to make skillet chicken that my family likes. My kids pick the green olives off of this but otherwise, we are okay. The topping on this Skillet Chicken with Feta, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Olives adds so much flavor to an otherwise bland and boring skillet chicken. The feta melts a bit and mixes in with the sun-dried tomatoes to make a bit of sauce on top. If you want to make more of a sauce just add some chicken stock to the pan and scrape up the bits on the bottom.
I am happy to have a quick dinner fix because we have been super busy in doggie training with Cooper. If anyone had told me how much trouble a dog would be, I might have made a different decision. Oh wait, they did tell me!
Training is necessary for this guy because I have no idea what I am doing, did not grow up with dogs and never even liked dogs before Cooper came into my life. I had no idea it was so hard and so time-consuming to get a dog to behave. He is wearing a shock collar on a very low setting and my job is to get him to look to me for everything…Can I jump on you, mommy? No, sit. Can I jump on the counter mommy? No, sit. Can I nibble on the hand of one little 9-year-old mommy? No, sit.
I can do this right? It’s monotonous and requires and extreme amount of patience and time, neither of which I have. I know, in the long run, it will pay off so I am committing myself to the next
four six weeks of training. If you have any advice for me, I’d love to hear it in the comment section below.
I hope this gluten-free skillet chicken makes your busy life a bit easier this week. That’s my goal here: to make quick, easy & healthy dishes that you can utilize to make your life easier. Let me know how the recipes work for you in the comments section.
Skillet Chicken with Feta, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Olives
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes small diced
- 8 green or black olives cut in half
- 2 tsp crumbled feta
- a tiny bit of salt for chicken
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Place chicken breast between two pieces of waxed paper and pound to an even thickness.
- Trim off fat and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Salt carefully because the topping is very salty.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil
- Saute chicken four to five minutes on each side until cooked through. Cover with splatter screen if you have one.
- Stir feta, tomatoes and olives together in a small bowl.
- When chicken is cooked, top each chicken breast some topping, place lid on and let it warm the topping for a minute.
- Serve immediately.
Need more chicken recipes?