This fresh Strawberry and Pecan Spinach Salad is easy to put together, gluten-free and a great way to show off summer strawberries. Make it for an easy lunch or take it to your next cookout.
Well, it's official, I'm the parent of a teen!
How is this possible? My sweet little baby Evan is no longer little. In fact, he looks down at me. He's already 5'8" and I'm quite sure some days that he grows while he is sleeping.
For his 13th birthday, he finally got a phone. I say finally because he has lots of friends that have had them for years. I didn't feel like it was "finally" but he sure did. I will say - so far so good. I love being able to call him when I'm out or have him text me when he's at a friend's house. He knows that if he wants to keep that phone, he must answer my calls and texts. I'm currently on the lookout for the perfect phone contract for him to sign. I feel like I need all those rules in writing. It's kind of nice having something to take away when he needs some extra motivation (or threatening!)
Summer is the best time to make fresh salads. I love cooking in the summer - so many fresh fruits and vegetables available! I have made this salad so many times and it's always a hit at potlucks and cookouts. It looks gorgeous with all those colors.
The strawberries add some sweetness and the pecans have a nice crunch. The blue cheese adds a tart, unexpected flavor but goes so well with the strawberries.
You will fall in love with this simple vinaigrette dressing, I promise! Grapeseed oil in dressing is the bomb. It's so mild, the flavor is not overpowering. I am over olive oil in my dressing (for now!) I slather this awesome dressing on everything including...
Need More Salads in Your Life?
- Quinoa Salad with Spinach and Berries
- Supergreens Salad with Cherries and Feta
- Black Rice and Spinach Salad
Trust me, you need this dressing in your life. Happy summer salad eating!
Strawberry and Pecan Spinach Salad
- 1 5 oz package of baby spinach
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- For Dressing:
- 3 tablespoon . grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Put all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small jar mix all dressing ingredients and shake well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dress salad immediately before serving.
- If you plan to keep this in the fridge for a few days, do not add dressing.