This creamy Tortellini Soup with Sausage will warm your soul on a cold fall night. Easy to make in less than 30 minutes and a family hit for sure.
Weeknight dinner prep can be a drag, trust me I know but sometimes it's fun to make something new that's a hit with the family. This Tortellini Soup with Sausage is very family-friendly and savory enough to keep them coming back for leftovers. My kids love tortellini and sausage so they can generally agree on this one.
This Tortellini Soup with Sausage can be made ahead but I wouldn't add the tortellini until right before you serve it. So make the soup up to that point then refrigerate. When you are ready to serve, warm up the soup on the stove and add the fresh tortellini. It only takes a few minutes to cook at that point and the tortellini won't be soggy.
More Soup Ideas
- Instant Pot Taco Soup
- Healthy Turkey Chili with Sweet Potatoes
- Fall Minestrone Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- If you prefer you can use ground pork or sausage instead
- Add crushed red pepper flakes for a spicier soup
- Add any fresh greens you have on hand (spinach, kale, swiss chard, etc)
Tortellini Soup with Sausage
- 1 12 oz pack of sausage sliced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 7 cups chicken broth gluten free if needed
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp flour gluten free if needed
- 1 package of fresh tortellini gluten free if needed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup spinach or kale optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown vegetables and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add sausage, cook for another few minutes.
- Add tomato past through oregeno. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer over medium low for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in tortellini, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add milk and stir. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Add greens.
- Serve with fresh parmesan.