This ⓇGluten Free Maple Bacon and Gruyere Breakfast Casserole is packed with sweet and savory flavors that make the perfect hearty breakfast. It’s easily made ahead of time and can be popped in the oven in the morning. Perfect for houseguests!
This post has been sponsored by Udi’s. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
What do you like to serve houseguests for breakfast?
I love surprising them with an already prepared breakfast, like this Gluten Free Maple Bacon and Gruyere Breakfast Casserole. Trust me, you really look like you’ve got it all together when you walk downstairs in your robe and pop this baby into the oven. Your guests wake up to the most delicious smell in the world. When they ask how you do it all, you say, “Aw shucks, it was nothing!”
And really, it was so easy because you quickly mixed it up the night before and put it in the refrigerator. It tastes even better when it sits all night. All the pieces of bread soak in the flavorful egg mixture and taste even better when baked the next day.
Let’s talk about this Gluten Free Maple Bacon and Gruyere Breakfast Casserole, shall we?
First of all, you know that I have been mostly gluten free for a long time. I just feel better when I avoid gluten… it’s that simple. I am constantly amazed by how far gluten free foods have come over the past few years.
In this dish, I use my FAVORITE gluten free bread: Udi’s® Gluten Free Multigrain Sandwich Bread! It is the only gluten free bread I ever buy, and no one can tell it’s gluten free.
Udi’s has a soft texture and a delicious taste that is a hit with everyone. I like it because it has no artificial ingredients and contains 8 grams of whole grains per serving. You can feel good about feeding your family Udi’s. I found mine in the freezer section of Safeway. Save now on your next purchase.
This Gluten Free Maple Bacon and Gruyere Breakfast Casserole is so easy to make! First, you need to cook a pound of maple bacon. Any bacon will do, but I love the sweet and savory flavor that maple bacon adds. Then, you cube your Udi’s® Gluten Free Multigrain Sandwich Bread and throw it into a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. In a bowl, whisk your eggs, milk, and spices. Add the grated gruyere and some crumbled bacon. Pour that over top of the bread, then add more cheese and crumbled bacon. I mean, really, can you ever have too much bacon and cheese?
This casserole is infinitely adaptable. Try some of these variations…
- add sausage instead of bacon
- try cheddar, Monterey jack or Swiss cheese
- add sauteed vegetables like peppers and onions
- use half egg yolks and half egg whites for a lighter version
- use Udi’s® Gluten Free Soft White Sandwich Bread instead of Multigrain
I promise you this Gluten Free Maple Bacon and Gruyere Breakfast Casserole will become your go-to breakfast for houseguests.
Gluten Free Maple Bacon and Gruyere Breakfast Casserole
- 12 oz maple bacon
- 8 slices Udi'sⓇ Gluten Free Multigrain Bread, cubed
- 2 cups milk
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp chives, chopped (optional)
- Cook bacon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cube Udi'sⓇ Gluten Free Bread and place in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with 1 cup of shredded gruyere cheese and 1 cup of bacon crumbles.
- Whisk eggs, milk, ground mustard, salt, and pepper together until completely combined. Pour over the cubed bread. Press down so all the bread is under the liquid.
- Top with remaining cheese and bacon crumbles. Cook for 25-35 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
Save now on your next purchase of Udi’s.