This Gluten Free Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie will help you get your gluten free chocolate fix. It is soft in the middle and crispy around the edges with a slight coconut flavor.
I am so excited about this Gluten Free Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie because it is so good. I've never tried to make a single serve cookie and it makes so much sense. Who has the willpower to have two dozen chocolate chip cookies lying around the house? In our house, they never last. We always pig out on them the first two days and then we all have a cookie hangover. It's embarrassing.
So I went on a mission to make a Gluten Free Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie and I've hit the jackpot. I worked with this recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking. I switched things up to make them gluten free and exchanged the butter for coconut oil. My kids love coconut oil cookies - chocolate and coconut are a match made in heaven. I used Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free Flour because it creates a texture that is most like regular flour. This means my kids can't tell they are gluten free.
These could be easily modified to make M & M, peanut butter or even single serve snickerdoodles. Add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder to make it a chocolate-chocolate chip cookie. Who knows, you may find yourself making this after dinner every night!
I've been baking gluten-free for about four years now and I have a few favorite products that I regularly order from Amazon. If you are gluten free and haven't tried these yet, it's time to give them a whirl. You won't believe how tasty they are...
- Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free Flour - the "I can't tell it's gluten free" flour
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips - these are amazing - dairy free and gluten free
- Pamela's Pancake Mix - gluten free or not this is the best pancake mix and full of protein from the almond flour
Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie - Gluten Free
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 tbsp gluten-free chocolate chips I used Enjoy Life
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Put coconut oil in the microwave for a few seconds just to soften it - do not melt.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla and egg and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into two large balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes and check. Bake for a few minutes more for a crispier cookie. I like mine soft in the middle.
Adapted from Bigger Bolder Baking.
Need more gluten free treats?