This Green Cauliflower Rice Salad is light, healthy and full of summer vegetables. Cauliflower rice if full of nutrients, fiber and low in carbs. Delicious and refreshing!
This Green Cauliflower Rice Salad is my attempt to remake a delicious salad I had at Chopt the other day: The Greenmarket Grain Bowl. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised at how good a cauliflower rice salad could be.
Cauliflower rice is super healthy. It's full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. It even contains a sulfur compound which has been shown to kill cancer cells and slow tumor growth. Did you know that eating just 100 calories worth of cruciferous vegetables fulfills 40% of your daily fiber requirement? Woo hoo!
I will admit that I never loved cauliflower but since this rice is taking over the world I had to try it. Chopping the raw cauliflower into small pieces makes it much more palatable. It takes on a different texture and has a very mild flavor. In fact, it really does taste lot like rice so it's the perfect blank slate for so many low carb meals.
If you are so inclined, you can chop up fresh cauliflower. Just cut it into small pieces and pulse it in your food processor until it resembles rice or quinoa. Because I'm all about quick and easy here, I bought mine in the freezer section of Trader Joes. Love a good shortcut. Having made it both ways, I think the frozen one is even better than fresh. It's not bitter like fresh cauliflower can be.
Since the cauliflower rice is frozen, it's best to put it in the fridge overnight before using or zap it in the microwave until warmed up a bit, 30 seconds or so.
If you haven't tried cauliflower rice, it's time to give it a spin. Head to your local Trader Joe's but be quick because it's flying off the shelves!
Green Cauliflower Rice Salad
- 1 12 oz package of cauliflower rice from Trader Joe's organic, frozen
- 1 cup sugar snap peas chopped small
- 1 English cucumber diced small
- 3 radishes sliced thin
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped small
- 2 cups lettuce I used romaine, chopped small
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ cup grapeseed or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thaw frozen cauliflower rice overnight or in the microwave.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss.
- Put all dressing ingredients into a blender and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dress salad right before serving.