Here is everything you need to know about making an awesome cheese platter for your next gathering!
This post is sponsored by Woodbridge Wines but all opinions are my own.
If you are planning to entertain over the holidays or any time of the year, you must know how to create an epic cheese board! This board is always a huge hit with everyone at the party. It satisfies the salty and the sweet tooth all at once.
I love serving cheese boards because well duh, I don’t have to cook anything! I find that there is always enough variety to satisfy everyone, even the pickiest of eaters. It’s so easy to give them seasonal updates by adding fresh fruits and herbs and they look GORGEOUS!
Before we jump into the cheese platter tips, let’s talk wine. I am obsessed with these Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Go-Glasses. They are so convenient and fun for easy relaxed entertaining whether on the go or at home.
How cool are these little cups? They are lightweight and shatterproof AND they are BPA free. If you haven’t tried them yet, it’s time you did. How about putting them in a friend’s stocking this year? Check here to find them at your local retailer www.woodbridgewines.com.
I also love using Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Go-Glasses for tailgating, outdoor parties on the patio and the boat. I love that you don’t need a wine opener and it makes them super easy and convenient.
When making the cheese platter there are a few things to keep in mind…
- pick four kinds of cheese to sit center stage – a brie, a cheddar, a gouda and manchego
- add nuts, my absolute favorite are Marcona almonds with thyme
- add meat to make it hearty – peppered salami and prosciutto are a must
- add multiple types of crackers – regular and gluten free, rainforest crisps are my favorite!
- Finally, you need fig jam or some type of sweet spread
- add some seasonal fruits – sliced strawberries, grapes, blueberries, pears and apples
- add some herbs to pretty up your cheese board – try rosemary, basil or thyme sprigs
- Serve your cheese board with Woodbridge Wine Go-Cups!