Looking for a super easy weeknight dinner that will please the whole family? Grilled Sausage Tacos will be a hit. Grilling the sausage and peppers give them a delicious smoky flavor.
One more week until our big trip. Each summer we pack the car and head all the way up to Nantucket. It’s our annual pilgrimage! I cannot wait for that “saltwater gospel” to heal my soul. There’s something so magical about hopping on the ferry and really getting away from it all.
Once you see the island of Nantucket appear on the horizon, you are at peace. It’s such a magical place. I can’t wait to show you around!
But alas, vacation is not here and I still have to get dinner on the table every night. Actually, come to think of it, I have to get dinner on the table during vacation too. Not fair!
I still cook, do the dishes and pack a gazillion lunches over the course of two weeks. When is my vacation? Oops, I went off on a tangent. There is no vacation for a mom.
At least these Grilled Sausage Tacos can get you out of the kitchen faster. I love meals that can be made in one pan, one bowl or one pot. These tacos can be grilled indoors or out. My green grill pan is the handiest thing ever and I use it all the time. It gives nice grill marks and imparts that smoky flavor I’m looking for. It’s healthier too because the fat drains away.
Need More Sheet Pan and One Pan Dinners?
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Turmeric
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Butternut Squash
- One Pot Sausage and Kale
I used Kielbasa for this recipe but use any sausage you like. Grill up some different vegetables to switch it up a bit. Use corn or flour tortillas or even tostadas. Top them with salsa, cheese, cilantro, avocado or slaw. Infinitely adaptable.
Grilled Sausage Tacos
- 1 14 oz . pkg sausage gluten free if necessary, cut in half crosswise and lengthwise
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- flour tortillas corn tortillas for gluten free
- Toppings of choice: avocado cilantro, cheese, salsa
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Grill your sausage for about 6-8 minutes each side until you get a nice char.
- Toss peppers and onions with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Grill for about 4 minutes or so per side, being careful not to burn.
- Place sausage and peppers in a warm flour tortilla and top with toppings of choice.
This recipe is adapted from this one at Bon Appetit.