This Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers is the easiest dinner ever and it's paleo, whole30, and gluten free. This is the perfect easy weeknight meal for busy families.
I'm on a serious sheet pan kick lately.
Fall is so busy - why do we sign our kids up for all these sports? I try to limit them to one per season but that doesn't include band practice, boy and girl scouts. I know it's good for them so I support it, but most nights we are racing to finish homework and head out to practice.
Where does dinner fall into that equation?
How can I feed my family healthy meals in a hurry without losing my mind?
The most important thing I do to combat this problem is plan ahead. I sit down on Sunday and look at my calendar.
First, I plan at least two new recipes for blog posts (I have a huge list and never run out of ideas for these.) The rest of our meals are classics that are always a hit with the kids like tacos, spaghetti with meat sauce, Herbed Skirt Steak or Roast Chicken. I make a weekly list of meals and keep a "to buy" list on the fridge for things we run out of.
I head to the grocery store on Mondays but usually have to run back another time during the week for milk, bananas and apples. Planning ahead is key. The weeks that I fail to do this, we end up having cereal or chicken nuggets a few nights because we are swamped. Take the time to plan ahead and your week will go smoothly (at least the eating dinner part.)
Sheet pan dinners are a must for weeknight meal planning. They are easy to prepare, quick to cook and healthy. My kids love most roasted vegetables so it's easy to get them to eat these.
For this Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers, I used small potatoes, red and yellow peppers and onions. I used Johnsonville Brats but any favorite sausage or kielbasa will do. Sausage is super flavorful so it makes this dish delicious. When you use something like chicken, you need to add more flavor to your sheet pan like this Sheet Pan Chicken With Turmeric.
Need More Sheet Pan Dinners in Your Life?
- Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon
- Sheet Pan Apple Cider Glazed Salmon
- Sheet Pan Jerk Chicken with Pineapple
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts
- Sheet Pan Chicken Stir Fry
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Acorn Squash
I promise any cook can make this without messing it up. It's a no-brainer. It works well as leftovers for lunch too. Enjoy!
Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers
- 1 package cooked Johnsonville brats
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 peppers, chopped
- 12 small potatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.Cut sausage into one inch pieces. Place sausage and cut veggies on a sheet pan and sprinkle with olive oil. Depending on how salty your sausage is, add a bit of salt and pepper focusing mostly on the veggies.
- Roast for about 30-40 minutes, turning pan and tossing once during cooking.